Springeri Damsel aka Blue Sapphire Damsel

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Untitled-1.png

Anyone who has a Springeri Damsel, has it been a peaceful non aggressive fish or has it been a mean booger and tank terroizor? Mine is so calm, peaceful and barely noticeable in my tank at times. People always tell me that damsels are mean but I have not experienced it. I'm only referring to the Springeri Damsel.
Its more peaceful than typical damsels although can be territorial. Interesting is,. these guys eat Flatworms.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two established sapphires that have paired up. I just added 4 more, and the pair is being very aggressive towards them. I'll let y'all know how the next few days go.
I had four, lost one during the recent hurricane. I tried to add 3 more yesterday, and the existing three killed all of them within two hours. Terrible... I tried feeding, shutting the lights off, even sticking my hands in to break up the chasing.

Little jerks.

HawkeyeDJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mated pair of Ocellaris Clowns who were being jerks to my Red Firefish, harrassing him constantly. Of course, the Fire Fish is scared of his own shadow and was stressing badly.

Then I added a Sapphire Damsel. The Clowns immediately decided they had a new target, particularly since the Damsel was smaller than anyone else. To their surprise though, the Damsel did not run and hide. To the contrary, he stood his ground, daring the Clowns to take their best shot. This was unnerving to the Clowns and they backed off. Even better, they stopped messing with the Firefish as well. They have since all come to terms and the Damsel is a model citizen. He harrasses no one and no one messes with him.

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Springeri damsel for flatworms, but it doesn't like them. I added a very small hippo tang some months ago, but this peaceful damsel killed it. The only reason it's still in the tank is because I can't catch the danged thing.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back