Steve’s LED’s Hurricane X Controller

EmetEhad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everyone. I am brand new to this discussion forum. I was in the hobby in the late 90’s to around 2002. I have recently gained the opportunity to again enjoy the aspects of reef keeping once again. My current tank is just a120 reef ready glass that I purchased used. It’s been running for about 4 months with the inexpensive Smatfarm lights from Amazon. I have always loved the DIY part of the hobby. I recently purchased the equipment from Steve’s LED’s to construct my own lighting with the Hurricane X controller. One question I have if anyone can help is when hooking up the controller to the 8x driver array that I also purchased through Steve’s. I am using the current LDD Meanwell drivers in the array. When running from the controller to the PWM on the array there is only a connection point for one wire which I assume is the signal wire. If the positive wire from the controller connects here where does the negative wire get connected to. My guess is to ground but wanted to check here if anyone has done this before and knows the correct installation. I am looking forward to interacting with you all and hope to contribute anything I can. Thanks in advance.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all are similar.
Screenshot_20230910-171108.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back