Stocking advice

gillskills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have seen on the disease thread but I recently had to chase all my fish out of my 90g and treat for ick. I believe it hitchhiked in on an anemone, which stinks because I would’ve had no way to quarantine that. But, there is a silver lining. I now have an opportunity to stock fish when the fallow period ends in any order I choose.

The tank is Hawaiian endemic fish only. Corals are all SPS, the tank is overrun with sea lettuce macroalgae, pineapple sponges, and even a breeding population of fan worms in the rock. I assume that means the pod population is strong too.

Current fish that needs to go back in at some point are:

Potter’s Angel
Ornate Wrasse
Kole tang

Obviously the tank is nowhere near full- I’d love to hear some suggestions of other cool, peaceful to semi-aggressive reef safe Hawaiian species.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have seen on the disease thread but I recently had to chase all my fish out of my 90g and treat for ick. I believe it hitchhiked in on an anemone, which stinks because I would’ve had no way to quarantine that. But, there is a silver lining. I now have an opportunity to stock fish when the fallow period ends in any order I choose.

The tank is Hawaiian endemic fish only. Corals are all SPS, the tank is overrun with sea lettuce macroalgae, pineapple sponges, and even a breeding population of fan worms in the rock. I assume that means the pod population is strong too.

Current fish that needs to go back in at some point are:

Potter’s Angel
Ornate Wrasse
Kole tang

Obviously the tank is nowhere near full- I’d love to hear some suggestions of other cool, peaceful to semi-aggressive reef safe Hawaiian species.

Potters wrasse
Red tail tamarin wrasse
Bicolour anthias
Hawaiian ventralis anthias
Flame angel
Fishers angel
White spotted puffer(not invert safe possibly not coral safe)
Flame fairy wrasses

Theres lots more but they arent really size suitable for your tank or arent reefsafe

Non reef safe species that if you research you can build your corals around include chaetodon fremblii, chaetodon miliaris, chaetodon tinkeri and pervagor spilosoma

OP
OP
G

gillskills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potters wrasse
Red tail tamarin wrasse
Bicolour anthias
Hawaiian ventralis anthias
Flame angel
Fishers angel
White spotted puffer(not invert safe possibly not coral safe)
Flame fairy wrasses

Theres lots more but they arent really size suitable for your tank or arent reefsafe

Non reef safe species that if you research you can build your corals around include chaetodon fremblii, chaetodon miliaris, chaetodon tinkeri and pervagor spilosoma

Right now there’s a rock flower anemone and the rest is all sps. Any of those butterflies sps safe in your experience? I love C. fremblii but can never find one

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never kept any of them but i just remember from research that theres certain corals they are less likely to eat

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaetodon tinkeri is your best bet for a reef safe hawaiian butterfly, pyramids and schooling bannerfish are reef safe but they will outgrow your tank sadly

Back