Stringy white clownfish poop

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female onyx percula clown has this really bright white poop it's been stuck on her for about 10 minutes now and is about an inch long. Should I assume bacterial or parasitic infection or no problem?

20190630_222246.jpg

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time you have seen this? Have you recently added anything new?
I added a blue damsel a month ago but he has no signs of parasites I monitor my fish and this is the first happening from any of my fish. I did add one new frogspawn coral last week

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also she is an amazing eater shows no signs of being lethargic she is still super active and her mating behavior toward the Male hasnt stopped

Jdavenp3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks hit the nail on the head. Catch it before it stops eating. My clown did the same thing after adding some corals. Focus + Metroplex in the food as directed.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will api general cure work? Reef safe ect. Because on Amazon the soonest delivery date for metroplex is July 8 while petsmart has it locally

Jdavenp3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe general cure is an even better alternative because it contains Prazi + Metro, so it will target multiple parasites.

If there’s parasites in her then it’s probably into your other fish as well so just broadcast normally. I fed pellets with metro (gen cure in your case) and focus to all of my fish. No harm to my corals or CUC.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe general cure is an even better alternative because it contains Prazi + Metro, so it will target multiple parasites.

If there’s parasites in her then it’s probably into your other fish as well so just broadcast normally. I fed pellets with metro (gen cure in your case) and focus to all of my fish. No harm to my corals or CUC.
I'll pick some up after work tomorrow! My clowns are my world haha

20190630_224055.jpg

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
954C723B-9652-4816-9484-C7B5E60F4EFA.jpeg
Here’s a photo of an angel of mine that I treated with Metro and focus, Prozi, General cure during a three month QT and still couldn’t cure it. It’s poop will be normal for most of the week and then I see this. Sometimes it is whiter in color. Kind of looks like it is in hotdog casing. Otherwise it is a very healthy looking and acting fish that I have had for over a year in the display tank. No other fish has shown any signs of this condition. I’ll be following to see how you make out. Keep us updated on how your clown does. Good luck.

skiwez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you been feeding them? The reason I ask is because if I feed LRS fish frenzy too many days in a row that happens to some fish. Once I switch back to my normal rotation of mysis, nori, clams etc. They go back to normal

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI
Judge by your self

Sincerely Lasse

FYI: if you click this link, please read through the entire thread, not just the article, as he finally admits that all the scientific research shows that white stringy poop generally is a good indicator of intestinal parasites. He also posted links to recommended treatment that says binding medication to food is preferable to using it in a bath, which requires that you treat the fish quickly before they stop eating.

The article seems to be interested only in spreading misinformation online. This is a crusade against treating fish that isn’t informed by facts.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you been feeding them? The reason I ask is because if I feed LRS fish frenzy too many days in a row that happens to some fish. Once I switch back to my normal rotation of mysis, nori, clams etc. They go back to normal
Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, nori and frozen marine cuisine

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back