Submersible u.v sterilizer lamp

ArtofReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found a in tank u.v lamp says it suction cups to the inside of one of my over flow chambers in my 32 bio cube there like 20$ and 10 watts .
All the uv's I've seen on brs youtube videos are all in housings and have plumbing to them this is basically a shatter resistant clear tube with a uv bulb
Any advice or personal experience
I can actually tell you from first hand experience that those cheap uv lights work great!!! I've been using them for years to fight off algae issues, ich, and dinoflagellates. I usually get a 5w-10w since I run a nano at the moment but for my bigger system I use to run 2 sticks in the back chambers or in the sump. Just make sure you put them where you have the lowest flow for more water contact

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running a 7watt in chamber #2 of my Evo. Not a “true” UV sterilizer but it seems to keep algae, etc in check. Part of my weekly maintenance is to pull it out and jut wipe down the outer glass of the lamp.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found a in tank u.v lamp says it suction cups to the inside of one of my over flow chambers in my 32 bio cube there like 20$ and 10 watts .
All the uv's I've seen on brs youtube videos are all in housings and have plumbing to them this is basically a shatter resistant clear tube with a uv bulb
Any advice or personal experience
Welcome!

whale GIF

OP
OP
Jeremy hall

Jeremy hall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can actually tell you from first hand experience that those cheap uv lights work great!!! I've been using them for years to fight off algae issues, ich, and dinoflagellates. I usually get a 5w-10w since I run a nano at the moment but for my bigger system I use to run 2 sticks in the back chambers or in the sump. Just make sure you put them where you have the lowest flow for more water contact
Believe it or not I ordered mine on wish ...now before the oohs start think about it the Chinese have been keeping fish longer than the us has been a country ...so with that said as long as you do a lil home work like youtube reviews or reading customer feed back I've gotten some stellar buys there

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I don't have any personal experience with UV sterilizers, but remember reading something while researching the bare bulbs (without housings) about being cautious to place them in areas that avoid damaging your vision.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.. :)

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard R2R. Like @Salty Rambler said I would be concerned about using a bare or unshielded UV bulb for protecting vision.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%

Back