Sump help

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 90g tank and 30g sump used. I am so confused on the sump set up. My 60g tank I have no doesnt have a sump. I was trying to fill the main tank today to the black strip on top and it started overflowing the sump onto the floor. I really cannot find videos or anything. It looks like it would be set up properly but I dont understand why I cant fill my tank to below the black strip on top. Also I assume water should visinly be flowing through the sump but its not. Only where the pvc pipe meets the filter sock. The pump is only connected to one hose. Not really sure if I even have it connected to the right port.
20230918_165043.jpg
20230918_165028.jpg
20230918_165021.jpg
20230918_174046.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the tank come with the sump? :) Easiest way is to fill up the tank and let it overflow into the sump.

Fill it up just enough to cover the return pump. Then switch on the return pump while being ready with more water to top up the sump as required to have your return pump covered with water.

Adjust your ATO to maintain the desired level in the sump you want.

If the tank and sump came together, any water draining back into the sump should not make it overflow when the return pump is off and everything is adjusted.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another bit of advice stolen from another thread on R2R:

"I would fill up the tank with overflows and everything in the tank let it overflow into the sump with all equiptment in the sump fill the sump up with like an inch left up top

Now turn on ur return pump and let the water level out for a minute or two and make a line where the water is this is where you put ur ato or where you fill the water to and never higher as water will overflow the sump."

The search function is extremely handy btw ;)

OP
OP
A

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the tank come with the sump? :) Easiest way is to fill up the tank and let it overflow into the sump.

Fill it up just enough to cover the return pump. Then switch on the return pump while being ready with more water to top up the sump as required to have your return pump covered with water.

Adjust your ATO to maintain the desired level in the sump you want.

If the tank and sump came together, any water draining back into the sump should not make it overflow when the return pump is off and everything is adjusted.
Yes it did fill the tank mostly but didnt have enough rodi water and so I put some into the sump maybe that's where I messed up. So what do I do at this point?

OP
OP
A

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another bit of advice stolen from another thread on R2R:

"I would fill up the tank with overflows and everything in the tank let it overflow into the sump with all equiptment in the sump fill the sump up with like an inch left up top

Now turn on ur return pump and let the water level out for a minute or two and make a line where the water is this is where you put ur ato or where you fill the water to and never higher as water will overflow the sump."

The search function is extremely handy btw ;)
What is ato? Im so lost

Back