Swannyson7's 180g mixed reef

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually people say it looks better in person (and I'm sure yours does) but those pics are hard to beat! Very nice.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UN-BE-LIEVABLE! Wow just plain wowzer! Beautiful!!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, Im gonna need some picture taking lessons, very nice sir

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank
Thanks!
Usually people say it looks better in person (and I'm sure yours does) but those pics are hard to beat! Very nice.
Actually, the pics probably look better. My DT is pretty scratched up so that's why I take so many top down shots. The tank was bought used and was previously used by the LFS as a liverock holding tank, so it's seen better days. Most people don't seem to notice the scratches, but they drive me nuts because I know they're there.
Looks like time for a upgrade..:squigglemouth: nice pitchers btw lol..
Want to call my wife and convince her? I keep telling her that I need a 300g DD or at least a 240, but she won't take the bait. :snicker:
UN-BE-LIEVABLE! Wow just plain wowzer! Beautiful!!
Thanks Rev!
Dude, Im gonna need some picture taking lessons, very nice sir
Don't sell yourself short Brett, you take some great pics too!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

Actually, the pics probably look better. My DT is pretty scratched up so that's why I take so many top down shots. The tank was bought used and was previously used by the LFS as a liverock holding tank, so it's seen better days. Most people don't seem to notice the scratches, but they drive me nuts because I know they're there.

Want to call my wife and convince her? I keep telling her that I need a 300g DD or at least a 240, but she won't take the bait. :snicker:

My 150 that my husband got me sight unseen and used (he meant well) was badly scratched and had aweful hard water lines up 1/3 of the bottom. I feel your on this! This tank was a nightmare for seam splitting as well. finally it gave out... thats how I got a brand new one. The kids took up a family and friends collection for a new tank for Christmas. Christmas is just around the corner... time to start hinting lol!

FANTASTIC corals btw!!!

125g mixed reef Peninsula

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man swanny your Photo skills are getting worse LOL!! Corals and fish are looking great. Thanks for sharing.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched your video a few minutes ago and it is amazing! Your latest pics (and livestock) are just stunning! I wish we lived closer as I would kill to see your tank in person. :bigsmile:

-Terry

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 150 that my husband got me sight unseen and used (he meant well) was badly scratched and had aweful hard water lines up 1/3 of the bottom. I feel your on this! This tank was a nightmare for seam splitting as well. finally it gave out... thats how I got a brand new one. The kids took up a family and friends collection for a new tank for Christmas. Christmas is just around the corner... time to start hinting lol!

FANTASTIC corals btw!!!

125g mixed reef Peninsula
The scratches really aren't that bad, they only bother me because I know they're there and my eyes goes straight to them. I wish I had room for a bigger tank, but unfortunately the tank is located in the smallest spare bedroom, so the 180 is about as big as I can go.
Man swanny your Photo skills are getting worse LOL!! Corals and fish are looking great. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks bro!
I just watched your video a few minutes ago and it is amazing! Your latest pics (and livestock) are just stunning! I wish we lived closer as I would kill to see your tank in person. :bigsmile:

-Terry
Thanks Terry, I feel the same way about your tank! If you're ever going to be up in the Northeast, let me know and you're more than welcome to stop by!

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

Absolute sickness!!!!!

blaten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures of some amazing coral. My favorite two fish in my big tank are my sohal tang and mystery wrasse. They are striking fish with great personalities.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing fish and corals and breathtaking picture taking.

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pictures of some amazing coral. My favorite two fish in my big tank are my sohal tang and mystery wrasse. They are striking fish with great personalities.
My mystery wrasse is full of personality, but the Sohal is just a bully. He doesn't nip fins or anything, but he constantly chases my anthias and my little sailfin tang. He's certainly the showpiece fish so I'd hate to get rid of him, but I'm on borrowed time. He's already almost 10 inches, so if he gets much bigger, he'll be too cramped in my 180. :squigglemouth:
Amazing fish and corals and breathtaking picture taking.
Thanks! :smile:

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newest addition... a Red Dragon! 1smile1
IMG_4211_zps586552dc.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back