Swim bladder

tazzette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clownfish that if I put them in my 35 gl tank they swim upside down or sideways so I put them in my 5 gl tank and they are doing good but I put them back in the bigger one and upside down again . Do they have swim bladder disorder. Here is a video the last video is them in smaller tank.

Attachments

• 20240421_085734.mp4
    107.1 MB
  • 20240430_184357.mp4
    25.4 MB

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are swimming different in different tanks, then they are responding to the environment, either physical differences or chemical. Did you put vodka or other drugs in the 35 to cause the crazy swimming, or are the currents/ lighting different there to cause this?

pop rave GIF
:thinking-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::cool:

OP
OP
tazzette

tazzette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are swimming different in different tanks, then they are responding to the environment, either physical differences or chemical. Did you put vodka or other drugs in the 35 to cause the crazy swimming, or are the currents/ lighting different there to cause this?

vodka or drugs. Really , No to all above

OP
OP
tazzette

tazzette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had them now sense the end of February and the really never did swim upright and alway in a corner of the 35gl but not in 5 gl

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish often have bizarre behavior. Yours have been alive for a while so it’s probably not a problem, just the fish being fishy.

OP
OP
tazzette

tazzette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I should put them back in the other tank but the female go's belly up in the corner and not sure if 5 gls is big enough for them and a anemone sand and a bit of rock

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked for differences between the two bodies of water? (I suspect Salinity may be the culprit) SBD can be triggered by stress (if they have it), so if flow is too hard, or if salinity is off or water quality is poorer in the 35, that could account for it. Also, if the 5 gallon is Hyposaline (lower salinity than ideal) it's entirely possibly they aren't having to inflate their swim bladders as much giving them relief from their possible SBD.

Just avenues of thought really, I don't know whether they have SBD or not, but they shouldn't really be hiding in an upper corner swimming upside down, that's not really normal...

OP
OP
tazzette

tazzette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the bigger tank I have had a lot of problems with Tthe nitrate. Keeps going high

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back