Switching Wrasse to Dry Food

Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 lined wrasse that so far has only eaten frozen mysis. I've only had it for a few weeks. I've tried a couple sizes of pellets with various ingredients and sinking speeds, but it shows no interest. I need to switch it to something that I can put in an auto feeder before December 16th, when I'm leaving town for almost three weeks. I have someone coming to check on all of my pets, but they do not understand the concept of overfeeding and will feed them extra even if given pre portioned sizes, so I bought an auto feeder instead. Can anyone give any suggestions for diet conversion or for dry foods that it might more readily recognize?

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my fish never touch pellets, they sink too fast. I give them flakes, it goes down slower and gives them more time to get interested. Plus being smaller it is easier to swallow.
My sixline eats them, along with many frozen food.

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses are greedy eater in general. Just keep feeding dry food. It’s not that difficult to transition them to dry food.

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanarus took awhile before he started eating pellets. I feed newlife pellets and he will eat them as they sink but not off the surface. I leave my tank at times and when people feed I have them come once a day and put 1 days worth of pellets in the feeder with a tsp or whatever size and then I have soft silicone ice cube trays and put the portions of frozen food in those so its pretty dummy proof.
Luckily wrasses always have pods and such they can eat all day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back