Sylvia Earle, National geographic

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard of her or seen any of the videos? UNREAL !!

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard of her or seen any of the videos? UNREAL !!
Well I want to thank all of you that have helped me, answered questions that I have had, responded to my threads, questions etc. but and I know of course I'm wrong, :confused: but it appears to me that unless you are a long timer, post a " hot picture " as your avatar, or post as being new to r2r , which it has not been to long that I was, well it is what it is. As I said thank you to those that have been a great help and it is a really great web site if you fit in those thanks for sharing it what the heck a newby like me , good luck to your current and future tank.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I want to thank all of you that have helped me, answered questions that I have had, responded to my threads, questions etc. but and I know of course I'm wrong, :confused: but it appears to me that unless you are a long timer, post a " hot picture " as your avatar, or post as being new to r2r , which it has not been to long that I was, well it is what it is. As I said thank you to those that have been a great help and it is a really great web site if you fit in those thanks for sharing it *** a newby like me , good luck to your current and future tank.
Huhhhh??????? Had a few drinks tonight? Rough day? A bit puzzled you mentioned video 1 post and started ranting here?

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huhhhh??????? Had a few drinks tonight? Rough day? A bit puzzled you mentioned video 1 post and started ranting here? Thank you for such a quick response! Your reply to my recent thread is one of the reasons That I said what I did. I can't say that I ever "liked " one of your post or replied to one but I can assure you that if I did it would have been nice, because as I said I'm new and would not ever try that I have no doubt and interesting that your first response would be in reference

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there duke4life, did you have a comment to make about Sylvia Earle? Cause I'm wondering why you pulled up my post. Maybe you've had a few drinks or had a bad day and decided to attack me when all I wanted to do was thank some of the really nice people who have been really kind in helping me out on this forum before I left it because of a few like you.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Chrisfish My response wasn't an attack at all, was just trying to figure out what happened between your 1st and 2nd post in this thread, a span of 41 minutes. I apologize if my response came off poorly.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Chrisfish My response wasn't an attack at all, was just trying to figure out what happened between your 1st and 2nd post in this thread, a span of 41 minutes. I apologize if my response came off poorly.
I had the same question regarding the difference in the first and second post.

@Chrisfish , all too often tone of message is difficult to determine on forums, and when you have been on forums long enough posts like your second one are directed at others on the forum for a perceived insult.

Having crossed paths with @Duke4Life numerous times on the forum I sincerely believe he was trying to get to the bottom of an issue, not create another one.

By the way, Sylia Earle's stuff is pretty amazing.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes a post can get buried pretty quick and it has nothing to do with if you're popular or not. I'm the owner of this community and my posts get overlooked sometimes or the right people don't see it that can answer my questions. Thanks for being a member here.

Oh and do you have any links to these videos?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I think this thread is about Sylvia Earle?

If so, then she came through town towards the end of last year on a National Geographic series for a presentation. It was worth attending. :)

And of course, she used to be married to John Earle (think Cirrhilabrus earlei).

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a cool tidbit, Hunter!

Sylvia is a legend in oceanographic circles - "Her Deepness" is the honorific some have used. In my personal world, her status has increased virtually every time I've heard mention of her name or her work. Had the privilege of meeting her briefly a couple of years back, just to say "thank you". She and Eugenie Clark pointed the way for women in the field (and a lot of guys, too!).

~Bruce

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And of course, she used to be married to John Earle (think Cirrhilabrus earlei).

I don't think that she was married to John Earle. She was married to John Taylor, Giles Mead, and Graham Hawkes; I've never seen anything referencing her having been married to anyone named Earle (that is her maiden name).

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that she was married to John Earle. She was married to John Taylor, Giles Mead, and Graham Hawkes; I've never seen anything referencing her having been married to anyone named Earle (that is her maiden name).
Uhhh, I think you're right. :oops:
I've had that one botched up in my head a long time; somehow I crossed things up with John Taylor.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back