Symphillia growth or recession?

Silverking90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my symphillia growing or receding?

I’m fairly familiar with what recession looks like on these corals. The tissue leaves behind white skeleton in which the tissue does not cover. Even after a once receding symphillia stabilizes, the tissue never covers over the skeleton. This pic is a symphillia that was once in recession but now stabilized and slowly recovering. You can see the tissue clearly stops at the skeleton, even though it’s inflated.

Now the big question. Is the symphillia in these pics growing? Is this Skelton new or old? You can see how the tissue is partially over the whitish skeleton. With most recessions I’ve observed, the tissue just stops at the Skelton, not even covering it partially.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back