T. crocea clam placement

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to receive a small T. crocea from ClamMania. I realize that this species will eventually be placed higher and on my rock but I fear that due to the nature of my reef rock configuration, it will move and hopelessly fall into my rockwork (which has happened to some of my corals). What is the best way to find a permanent home for a rock boring clam???

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use clam shells OR wedge it between larger pieces of rubble until the basals attach….
be advised, seems big turbos love to wedge themselves between a clam and it’s tight spot … so I’d be viligant until it attaches …
…upper level, higher lighting, lower flow….
perhaps you’ll get better clarity from one of our resident clam experts…good luck

OP
OP
mossanimal

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use clam shells OR wedge it between larger pieces of rubble until the basals attach….
be advised, seems big turbos love to wedge themselves between a clam and it’s tight spot … so I’d be viligant until it attaches …
…upper level, higher lighting, lower flow….
perhaps you’ll get better clarity from one of our resident clam experts…good luck
Thanks...

Ug... gotta figure out flow. My best spots for high light are also where I have heavy flow.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back