T5 HO 48inch replacement bulbs HELP

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I've hit the nine-month mark with my T5 high output fixture that I recently added to my reef tank to supplement the LEDs. I have a 48 inch fixture and have always run Coralife T5 high output bulbs. I am currently in the market for new bulbs and perhaps a new color spectrum. I am currently looking at the ATI bulbs for replacing my current bulbs. Right now I'm running 1x 10K White with 2x actinic blues and 1xpink "zooxanthellae" bulb. Now these bulbs have worked great and I've seen a huge response in my corals overall health, color and growth. I am curious to see what you guys are running on your tanks and what color combinations you are using with your T5 high output fixtures. Ideally I think I would like to keep the same color I have now but I'm not sure which bulbs to pick from ATI. I also want bulbs that will promote the most growth. Help a guy out I've never used ATI but I hear it's all the rage!

IMG_4923.JPG

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on that video I have chosen 2 combos

Combo 1. 2x coral plus
1x blue plus
1x purple plus

Combo 2. 1x coral plus
1x aquablue special
1x blue plus
1x actinic
What do you guys think would be best?!?!
I'm loosing my mind here trying to decide this!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple is a dark shade in a tank. I just use 20 k MH and blue Reefbrite strips.
For me I was considering it due the spectrum that it says it provides for chlorophyll A and B which is pretty important. However I think Ill just stick with 2x coral Plus ans 2x blue plus and see how that does.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased the ATI bulbs today and I'm freaking stoked how awesome they look on the tank! My lord bulbs make all the difference the colors are awesome!!! As you can see the top is photo are the new bulbs running, I went after 1x coral plus 1x blue plus 1x true actinic 1x aquablue special! The bottom photo is the comparison!
I'm digging the more bluish hues I'm getting Versus the white out in the bottom!
IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_4988.PNG

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys its been about a week now any my rose bubble tip does not seem to be happy, it has moved form the top of the tank and is now about half way between the top and bottom. The anemone did not move before the new lights? thoughts as to why its moving lower in the tank now?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI bulbs put out a ton of par compared to the previous ones. The anemone is reacting to the new spectrum and output. In the future it's advisable to replace bulbs one a week rather than all at once. Gives the livestock a chance to ease into it. Let the anemone roam where it wants. Just ensure it doesn't wind up in a pump and it'll find its happy spot

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Good Christopher! Let us know if we can be of an assistance.

For what it is worth since we get the question so often, we do not believe you will get different growth from different colored ATI bulbs. Which bulbs give the best growth? YES they do :)

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI bulbs put out a ton of par compared to the previous ones. The anemone is reacting to the new spectrum and output. In the future it's advisable to replace bulbs one a week rather than all at once. Gives the livestock a chance to ease into it. Let the anemone roam where it wants. Just ensure it doesn't wind up in a pump and it'll find its happy spot
I defiantly did not consider that! good advice!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Good Christopher! Let us know if we can be of an assistance.

For what it is worth since we get the question so often, we do not believe you will get different growth from different colored ATI bulbs. Which bulbs give the best growth? YES they do :)
thank you so far so good. So bulbs color doesn't matter?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 110 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%

Back