T5 Supplement to LED

chase888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to supplement my LED lighting with T5. Planning to use 2 48" ATI bulbs. Which of the following bulbs would you guys recommend?

Aquablue Special: Combines the properties of a full-spectrum bulb with an elevated blue color peak producing a bulb with an approximate color temperature of 15000K.

Blue Plus: Combines the properties of a blue bulb (approximately 460nm) with an actinic bulb (approximately 420nm) producing an intense blue light with high PAR numbers and a light spectrum that encourages both bluing in SPS corals and fluorescence in capable corals.

Coral Plus:Combines the properties of a Blue Plus (~50%) + Aquablue Special (~40%) + Purple Plus (~10%) producing a bulb with an approximate color temperature of 15000K+. Appears cool, crisp white to the eye.

Purple Plus: Combines the properties of a full spectrum bulb with strong red and blue components producing a bulb with excellent color-rendition that works very well for bringing out the pinks, purples and reds in an aquarium.

True Actinic: Produces a violet-blue light that is designed to maximize fluorescence in capable corals and make livestock colors pop.

TIA.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue+ is my favorite bulb on the market. I also really like the Fiji Purple, however it can overwhelm the Blue+. If your LEDs run pretty blue it shouldn't be an issue.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back