taking aquarium to the next level

Dmac979

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello every one I wanna take my tank to the next level so I've decided to grab a apex system. My tank is looking and doing great just trying to take it to the next level. I'm hoping this will help

image.jpeg

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice @Dmac979 !!! Looks like you have some pretty amazing husbandry skills and habits! How long has that tank been up?
The apex will make your life a lot easier, and more difficult at the same time. o_Oo_Oo_O To qualify that statement: you already know what you are doing, it's quite apparent, so the apex will take away some of the things that take up your time, like water changes. Definitely automate that. BUT, I bet you are a bit OCD about your tank too, at least it looks like you are very detail oriented. Now, when you aren't around your tank, you'll keep looking at parameters on your phone, or PC... LOL!
Since you're getting an Apex, I would definitely recommend getting the WAV pumps. Those things are awesome and provide some seriously amazing flow in your tank. It takes a day or two of playing to see how your tank responds to the different patterns you can create, but once you find what works for your tank, the WAV's are better than amazing.
Congrats on joining R2R! Glad you are here and can help contribute your knowledge to the community; you obviously have a lot of knowledge to get a tank in as great a shape as yours is.
The Apex will definitely help you take it to the next level. There are so many super smart people on the neptune forums with ideas I'd never thought of before. I can't wait to see what your definition of "next level" is though... :eek: You may have to change your username to "SuperMac", LOL

OP
OP
Dmac979

Dmac979

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice @Dmac979 !!! Looks like you have some pretty amazing husbandry skills and habits! How long has that tank been up?
The apex will make your life a lot easier, and more difficult at the same time. o_Oo_Oo_O To qualify that statement: you already know what you are doing, it's quite apparent, so the apex will take away some of the things that take up your time, like water changes. Definitely automate that. BUT, I bet you are a bit OCD about your tank too, at least it looks like you are very detail oriented. Now, when you aren't around your tank, you'll keep looking at parameters on your phone, or PC... LOL!
Since you're getting an Apex, I would definitely recommend getting the WAV pumps. Those things are awesome and provide some seriously amazing flow in your tank. It takes a day or two of playing to see how your tank responds to the different patterns you can create, but once you find what works for your tank, the WAV's are better than amazing.
Congrats on joining R2R! Glad you are here and can help contribute your knowledge to the community; you obviously have a lot of knowledge to get a tank in as great a shape as yours is.
The Apex will definitely help you take it to the next level. There are so many super smart people on the neptune forums with ideas I'd never thought of before. I can't wait to see what your definition of "next level" is though... :eek: You may have to change your username to "SuperMac", LOL
Yes I'm very organized I got home with my apex started labeling everything finally got it hooked up and my modem burnt out before I could program the power bar. I'm frustrated now because I can't get it going until tomorrow when I go get a new modem. But I'm still going to do my normal things because I love the hobby.. I did get a dosing pump as well but haven't got to connect it because of the troubles I had getting the initial system up. I'll be getting those wave makers soon you're the second person to tell me I need those. And "SuperMac" humm that has a ring to it.

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I'm very organized I got home with my apex started labeling everything finally got it hooked up and my modem burnt out before I could program the power bar. I'm frustrated now because I can't get it going until tomorrow when I go get a new modem. But I'm still going to do my normal things because I love the hobby.. I did get a dosing pump as well but haven't got to connect it because of the troubles I had getting the initial system up. I'll be getting those wave makers soon you're the second person to tell me I need those. And "SuperMac" humm that has a ring to it.

Man, nothing worse than getting something new and exciting only to have a modem burn out. There are so many weird things that happen to people in this hobby. Sorry to hear about your troubles Mac... Did you get the DOS? It works really well; I have two on my SPS only tank; one for auto WC and the other for 2 part dosing. It's super nice to be able to just go to the internet and take a look at what's happening in your tank.
Yeah, you will love the WAV's; there are certainly detractors, and I love Vortech's, nothing against them, but the WAV's are just different and I can get such great flow with them. What I ended up with, probably a lot of people do this, was mounting them on the back glass about halfway down, tilted up and pointed at the side glass so I can get a bounce off the top, side and front glass, and the current is still uber strong. You can get them to create really cool oscillating wave patterns based on frequency, more fun to play with, and not a unique feature, but either way, awesome pumps, and I don't run mine at even half power. Have fun SuperMac! LMK if there is anything I can do to help out.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 169 73.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.3%

Back