Tangs Dying

Mercurymike007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hwy Guys and Girls I am looking for a little Guidance advice and hand holding. So both the day before they passed they were active and absolutly fine. Then I noticed them [ 1 first then 4 wks later the other ] looking down at the sand. I have A hotshot crab and thought he was looking for or saw it. Then the next morning I notice fine bubbles on him or her and the next day she Passed. Then the 2nd one the same thing but I quarantined in another tank and again passed the next day after thw.bubbles appeared. What is going on. I have fire fish and anrias in there with no issue and my Coral Area is fine. Also all my snails crabs and Shrimp are fine. I noticed a few Astoria stars but my Harliequin cows them down within a day or so. Also I have been feeding my Garliwquin Chocolate chip starfish pieces is this OK. At least they seem to regenerate ok. Any advice will be greatly accepted. I have 3 tanks a 125 a 75 and a 36. Only the 75 is having fish issues.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi welcome to Reef2Reef!

Finding out why fish have died is very difficult, usually impossible, after the fact.
Since you invertebrates seem fine, and only your tangs died, it was likely a fish disease. Are there any other fish in the tank now? If not, you’ll want to leave the tank fish free for at keastb45 days, and then quarantine any new fish that you get.
Jay

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back