Tangs got ich

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So luckily I do have a QT set up and everything to treat them how ever when I do put them in QT and finish the process wouldn’t they get it again since my DT has ich !???
It’s a Niger trigger fish which imma get ride of

A blue tang
And a purple tang

I did let them ride it out for a few it’s happen and sometimes they do cute by themselves they are eating like a dog what ever you throw in brine pellets etc they will eat it up completely but it’s been about 10 days and @ first they got covered w ich they kinda got better but then again now it’s back

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So luckily I do have a QT set up and everything to treat them how ever when I do put them in QT and finish the process wouldn’t they get it again since my DT has ich !???
It’s a Niger trigger fish which imma get ride of

A blue tang
And a purple tang

I did let them ride it out for a few it’s happen and sometimes they do cute by themselves they are eating like a dog what ever you throw in brine pellets etc they will eat it up completely but it’s been about 10 days and @ first they got covered w ich they kinda got better but then again now it’s back
Nothing is/was mentioned of treatment and in observation ich will not go away but rather recycle/reproduce and come back to seek host which are the fish for reproduction. Now that you have fish in Quarantine tank - treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is/was mentioned of treatment and in observation ich will not go away but rather recycle/reproduce and come back to seek host which are the fish for reproduction. Now that you have fish in Quarantine tank - treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
If you could explain this to me, I’m not trying to debate. It’s just a simple question about two years ago. I had a Reefer350. There was a ich break out as well. I would heavy feed all the fishes within a month or so none of the fish had it no more about three months later after I saw none of the fishes had ich, I introduce new fishes and none of them got it. That’s why I’m confused

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could explain this to me, I’m not trying to debate. It’s just a simple question about two years ago. I had a Reefer350. There was a ich break out as well. I would heavy feed all the fishes within a month or so none of the fish had it no more about three months later after I saw none of the fishes had ich, I introduce new fishes and none of them got it. That’s why I’m confused
The other fishs were 1 anthias two clowns and two fire fishs idk if those fishs are better w ich but ‍♂️

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I may be confused but under impression this is a non-treated QT with ich and you were seeking best treament and fallow recommendations. The way its written does not suggest a 2 year ago issue

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be confused but under impression this is a non-treated QT with ich and you were seeking best treament and fallow recommendations. The way its written does not suggest a 2 year ago issue
No what I’m saying is when I had my reefer350 all my live stock had gotten ich I wasn’t in a position for a QT at that time everyfish in there got over the hump of ich all of them cleared up and I did in fact add fishs after a long period of time and none of the new stock got ich now I’m asking how was that possible

Upvote 0

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No what I’m saying is when I had my reefer350 all my live stock had gotten ich I wasn’t in a position for a QT at that time everyfish in there got over the hump of ich all of them cleared up and I did in fact add fishs after a long period of time and none of the new stock got ich now I’m asking how was that possible
I’m not a medic or even close to one but I believe it’s that Ich never leaves unless the tank is left fallow for the necessary amount of time. What you did sounds more like Ich management. With Ich management the disease doesn’t leave but it’s managed so with new fish introductions or species more prone to Ich it may come up again.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yes. With proper water quality and diet, there is support for their immunity health and resistance to disease but that cycle can be broken with as simple as stress, change in water quality, purchased water from an LFS and more

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. With proper water quality and diet, there is support for their immunity health and resistance to disease but that cycle can be broken with as simple as stress, change in water quality, purchased water from an LFS and more
Just read it up what they classified my previous reef tank was a “Ich management reef”

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back