Tank advice for large tank

CounterCurrent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my wife wants to set up a 210 gallon tank. I would like some feedback on good quality equipment I can use for the system. The basics sump, tank (prefer option other than overflow), excellent skimmer, reactors, etc. I have never kept a tank this big so I'm not sure which way to go. Anyone who has a tank in this size if you don't mind pointing me back to your tanks so I can look at what you are running to get ideas for what I want/need to do. The thank will be lps/sps mixed since there should be plenty of room on the rock to keep them seperated. I'm wondering about zeovit as well and have read a couple of articles on the subject to date. I already know I'm going to run orphek atlantic v2 lights. Looking at a budget of about 8,0000 minimum.

Thanks,

CounterCurrent

gpdno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank controller for sure. Would not have my tank without the Apex running the show.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I've actually got a 210g reef myself, I love the dimensions of it and the possibilities are endless when it comes to scaping!

Here's a link to mine and a few others so you can see what has been done in the past!

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/125186-skinzs-big-boy-tank.html

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/154317-shikas-210g-upgrade-build.html

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/132644-tridos-210-wall.html

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/108976-here-my-210-build.html

james30ct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read a lot before you buy anything. Do you have a tank currently? If not thats a big starter tank. Check craigslist if you dont mind used. Theres always people upgrading or leaving the hobby. You can usually fing good deals on there. If the tank is reef ready it will be predrilled so you wont need hob overflows.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are expensive as all get out, but I would love to do a reef saavy low profile braceless tank with ghost overflows. Saw one at MACNA last year and been in love since.

My best tip is plan the system not just the tank. Where are you going to make your tank water and how are you going to do your WC? If you plan in doing weekly WC you are looking at moving 20 to 30G of SW plus another 10 to 20 RODI to fill your ATO. This is a weekly chore that you will want to simplify/automate as much as possible.

OP
OP
C

CounterCurrent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have a 45 gallon rimless right now. I have also kept a 140 gallon mixed sps/lps tank along with a 85 gallon corner which ran at the same time in different parts of the house. Thanks I will watch craigslist for good deals.

OP
OP
C

CounterCurrent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choff I will make my own RO/DI water. I still have a TDS meter ph probe etc. Any chance you could point me to a picture of the tank you describe seeing at MACNA?

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spelled it wrong. Reef savvy. Reefsavvy.com they have a quote tool you can check out. I didn't take that long for them to email it.

Here is a Pict I took

I have never seen a rimless tank this size. It was stunning. The guy estimated it was 10k for the tank and the custom made stand.

Back