Tank Hits 1 year mark and grows algae

icemanalex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read that those grey brute containers can leach phosphates in to your water, the white ones are more expensive and are food grade, the grey is for trash and made a little different. I don't know if they are a new addition or not.

Drakonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen my water in brute cans exhibit leeching so i do not store in them beyond a day or so. i let me ro fill one day before then add salt, mix, use, and rinse out

larryrick1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't dosed anything in at least 2 months, and I'm barely feeding anything to the fish, plus I'm already running carbon in both my containers on my dual reactor, but I'll switch one of them to gfo and see if it makes a difference. Yes I know API sucks.... I'm gonna be getting the rest of the Red Sea tests soon, the only red see I have right now is the reef fundamentals for mag, ca, and alk

What I mean by carbon-dosing is using Vodka or Vinegar or Zeovit. This is supplying a carbon source for your nitrifying bacteria, do reduce nitrates and phosphates. Not GAC, (granular activated carbon)

HigherHomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I mean by carbon-dosing is using Vodka or Vinegar or Zeovit. This is supplying a carbon source for your nitrifying bacteria, do reduce nitrates and phosphates. Not GAC, (granular activated carbon)
I use Eco Reef Results Calcium Carbonator alot. It is the best out there.
But not sure if they sell it where you are. You can always call and order from the store

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back