Tank is clean of algae.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 9 months old. When i say my tank is clean of algae. I mean ir. I mean i do have some algae on the sand. Coralline algae everywhere. But i have blue tangs, tomini, yellow tang. Its a 200G system. I dont know if its a blessing or a curse. But there has been a trent of corals beint ticked off lately while parameters are perfect. I even did an icp test. And my polyps gets absolutely bad in the morning. Its almost like my tangs nipping at night.

I know for a fact tangs are grazers. And my tank not providing that. What are my options here to keep my tangs well fed? Without sacrifing nutrients i was doing everyday on a clip nori sheets by julian sprung the gren and purple one. And feed mysis. But my phosphate did rise to .0.24 what are mt options here to keep my tangs well fed especially at night because im waking up with nipped lps

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 9 months old. When i say my tank is clean of algae. I mean ir. I mean i do have some algae on the sand. Coralline algae everywhere. But i have blue tangs, tomini, yellow tang. Its a 200G system. I dont know if its a blessing or a curse. But there has been a trent of corals beint ticked off lately while parameters are perfect. I even did an icp test. And my polyps gets absolutely bad in the morning. Its almost like my tangs nipping at night.

I know for a fact tangs are grazers. And my tank not providing that. What are my options here to keep my tangs well fed? Without sacrifing nutrients i was doing everyday on a clip nori sheets by julian sprung the gren and purple one. And feed mysis. But my phosphate did rise to .0.24 what are mt options here to keep my tangs well fed especially at night because im waking up with nipped lps
Feed the poor fish and control phosphate and nitrate some other way. The aquarium is likely overstocked and you will be unable to feed the fish properly and not worry about nutrient levels.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed the poor fish and control phosphate and nitrate some other way. The aquarium is likely overstocked and you will be unable to feed the fish properly and not worry about nutrient levels.

Where did i mention that im not feeding the fish? Im feeding my fish, but wanted to know if theres something better i can do to feed them like if theres any specific nori sheet i should be feeding etc..

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you stopped feeding the sheet a day because of nutrients. You suspect they need more food and are nipping at corals. Feed the poor fish and control nutrients through export, not by restricting food

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back