Tank manufacturer has disappeared

JasonKlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it seems I’ve fallen victim to a tank manufacture who has taken my deposit and disappeared. I put a deposit on a custom tank at the end of Sept 2018. Sadly they required a 70% deposit and it needed to be in the form of a check. I sent the deposit and my check was cashed. Shortly there after communication with the manufacture got worse and worse. I was quoted a 6-8 week lead time for the tank. Needless, to say I still don’t have a tank nor any pictures of the tank he was supposedly manufacturing. The last time I heard from them was 3/8/19 stating they were wrapping up construction and would be reaching out shortly to schedule a delivery date.

Does any have a lawyer in Wellington, FL they would recommend? I have asked some friends who are lawyers and they said it might be challenging finding someone who would be willing to take on a small claims case. If anyone has prior experience having to take legal action on a tank manufacture I would like to hear your experience.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it seems I’ve fallen victim to a tank manufacture who has taken my deposit and disappeared. I put a deposit on a custom tank at the end of Sept 2018. Sadly they required a 70% deposit and it needed to be in the form of a check. I sent the deposit and my check was cashed. Shortly there after communication with the manufacture got worse and worse. I was quoted a 6-8 week lead time for the tank. Needless, to say I still don’t have a tank nor any pictures of the tank he was supposedly manufacturing. The last time I heard from them was 3/8/19 stating they were wrapping up construction and would be reaching out shortly to schedule a delivery date.

Does any have a lawyer in Wellington, FL they would recommend? I have asked some friends who are lawyers and they said it might be challenging finding someone who would be willing to take on a small claims case. If anyone has prior experience having to take legal action on a tank manufacture I would like to hear your experience.
I second @dantimdad, I would reach out to the tank company one last time and tell them that you do not want to have this get out of hand, but if you do not have the tank in one week you are filing a police report.

iron_mike_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second @dantimdad, I would reach out to the tank company one last time and tell them that you do not want to have this get out of hand, but if you do not have the tank in one week you are filing a police report.

I third it, and based on the 6+ months this has been going on it would be fair to post here with the name of the manufacturer and a bit about your experience so that others will be able to make informed decisions. Be careful to post only the facts and leave all emotion out of it. You want to avoid a slander suit if this thing goes to court - but there is nothing wrong with posting the facts.

I wish you luck in getting what you paid for.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You don't need a lawyer for small claims court, file a case at your nearest location. As long as they can be located to be served they would have to come to you to fight it.

OP
OP
J

JasonKlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I'm in GA and the tank manufacture is in FL. I've already sent a demand letter written by an attorney via certified mail and that was not accepted. Additionally, I sent them a message on Instagram that was read and not responded too. I've turned this over to an attorney this afternoon due to the distance. I'll only need to show up to court if it goes to trial. I don't feel comfortable posting the name of the company at this time until it's settled. They "claim" they're not taking any additional work at this time, so no one else should be impacted.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 90 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 49.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back