Tank Monitors?

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have SBReefLights and EchoTech marine wave makers. Is there something I can buy to control them and monitor the water params? I want to be able to control my equipment easier and make testing faster because I am looking at difficult corals.
IMG_0290.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neptune Apex is by far the most popular and would be able to control your vortechs through the WXM module. The SB reef I don't believe can be controlled by the apex. @saltyfilmfolks @BoomCorals can sb lights be controlled by apex? The apex will also allow you to do monitoring of different levels such as PH, salinity, and a smutten of others.

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neptune Apex is by far the most popular and would be able to control your vortechs through the WXM module. The SB reef I don't believe can be controlled by the apex. @saltyfilmfolks @BoomCorals can sb lights be controlled by apex? The apex will also allow you to do monitoring of different levels such as PH, salinity, and a smutten of others.
Hard to set up? I can't directly connect it to wifi.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can connect and control your apex via wi-fi, but I don't believe you can control your SB light through the Apex. If the Sb light is wi-fi controllable you'd have to get sb's app to wifi control it.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can depending on the model. There are some youtube videos. Also requires you to be handy. :)

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Apex Classic and am quite satisfied with it. If I was new to controllers, the Apex, preferably the 2016 version, and GHL Profilux would my top choices. Apex has the WXM module that can communicate with all Ecotech products except for the Vectra return pumps. GHL made a Vortech controller with press releases from 2010, and they appear to be in stock on http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/ghl-profilux-vortech-controller.html.

Digital Aquatics makes the Reefkeeper and Archon, though they don't seem to be a popular choice. Aquatronica is also fielding a controller, but I think it's in beta at this point without a clear release timeline. Reef Angel makes a controller, but I think that it mainly appeals to the DIY type of folks. There are also threads on R2R about ReefPi or PLC controllers, but they are for true DIY techies. I don't think any of these can communicate with Ecotech products.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%

Back