Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mike Paletta you know I love ya bro! Another fantastic article. We're blessed to have you here at R2R!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
9 hours with all LEDs 100% and 1 hour ramp up before and 2 hour ramp down after 9 hrs of full intensity.

How high are your lights off the water? I'm running all ETM Radion G4 as well.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, I could only find 7 sets of numbers in the article? (didn't see one for Brad's tank...which is awesome by the way). When I added the PO4 numbers up (using the median for those with a range listed) I got an average PO4 of 0.067 not 0.18. Did I miss something?

Thanks so much for the article. Very revealing!

Aliyanna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful article but there is one thing I really, really don't understand.
There are people with wonderful tanks, with corals and fishes in brilliant health and they don't want to share their "secret sauce".
There are thousands of people out here, wondering why their corals and fishes get ill, why their corals don't grow and so on. Instead of telling them:
"Try this and that, that's my "secret sauce", so your tank will be healthy" they keep their ingredients and recipes for themselves, so nobody can have such a good looking tank as them?
Are we in a kindergarten? 4 years old children who wants to have their picture the most beautiful?
Why isn't it possible to tell everyone the secrets of having a healthy tank? Does anybody think of the corals and fishes?

Maybe this post is a bit agressive, but I don't care. At the moment I lost 10 fishes on illness only because I bought them from a wrong shop and I am crying for every coral or fish that is dying at my home and I really don't understand people who say "Who cares, my tank is healthy, look. But I don't tell you how to get it. No. Cry a bit more.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for a great article. Nice to know that the masters have nitrate and phosphate in their tanks.

This is exactly what i was about to post - ive spent ages trying to get them down and under control and turns out the Masters have loads of Nitrates.

Just one question, might have missed it, but whats the answer to the algea issue question then ?

tigé21v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful article but there is one thing I really, really don't understand.
There are people with wonderful tanks, with corals and fishes in brilliant health and they don't want to share their "secret sauce".
There are thousands of people out here, wondering why their corals and fishes get ill, why their corals don't grow and so on. Instead of telling them:
"Try this and that, that's my "secret sauce", so your tank will be healthy" they keep their ingredients and recipes for themselves, so nobody can have such a good looking tank as them?
Are we in a kindergarten? 4 years old children who wants to have their picture the most beautiful?
Why isn't it possible to tell everyone the secrets of having a healthy tank? Does anybody think of the corals and fishes?

Maybe this post is a bit agressive, but I don't care. At the moment I lost 10 fishes on illness only because I bought them from a wrong shop and I am crying for every coral or fish that is dying at my home and I really don't understand people who say "Who cares, my tank is healthy, look. But I don't tell you how to get it. No. Cry a bit more.
Sorry, but you hit a nerve with this one.
I am grateful for EVERYONE who posts anything, both successes AND failures about their experience with saltwater. I read the info and use it to form an opinion and (maybe) a possible plan or change in the way I do things. Sometimes the changes work for me, sometimes they don't. I, for one, am grateful for any info that these very successful aquarium keepers chose to share about their tanks. They honestly didn't have to us tell diddly-squat.
Every tank is different. I have three different tanks (on the same sump) and EACH ONE BEHAVES DIFFERENTLY. There is no one-size-fits-all "secret sauce", besides STABILITY. Any changes are done one at a time and slowly. If you want to take anything away from this article, take this- STABILITY is key. Patience. Patience. And more patience.
WHO sounds like they are in kindergarten?? You're crying because someone won't GIVE you the answer?? I guess they should give us all the answers, and while they're at it make sure we get a "Participation Trophy"? Good Grief!!
Entitlement.:confused:
These are just a handful of very very successful tanks on this earth. There are many many more. And I can almost guarantee no two do things the same, besides strive for stability.
AND LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES.
"At the moment I lost 10 fishes on illness only because I bought them from a wrong shop "
No secret ingredient or recipe for that one. It's called quarantine. Many, many in-depth articles and threads overflowing with information on how to quarantine fish and corals, both here and all over the internet. You want someone to tell you their secret recipe for great growth and color, yet it seems you are having trouble keeping them alive. I think you're putting the horse before the cart. Don't worry about the leave right now, focus on getting the ball in the pocket.
If you are looking for a hobby where someone tells you exactly what to do and how to do it, take up knitting.
Maybe this post is a bit aggressive, but I don't care.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%

Back