Tank question

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, looking into the cheapest option to upgrade my 125 in a year or so.

Found this acrylic tank; Im looking for acrylic as its less weight and I need it to fit on my current stand (dimensions work, will be re enforcing the current stand too, but also why Im going for acrylic weight wise.

My question is how would I hook a sump into this tank? Is it even possible?

Thanks guys

IMG_2691.png IMG_2689.png

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also do this but warning that they are loud and the one without the air pump is liable to fail. I use them but they need to be drained of air every few weeks.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also do this but warning that they are loud and the one without the air pump is liable to fail. I use them but they need to be drained of air every few weeks.

Oh ew, might just look for a one with drilled overflows for sump connections! Thank you

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would drill it.

Side note, tall narrow tanks don't make the best reefs. The foreshortening effect you get from looking through water will make it look even more narrow.
Ah thanks with the tip. Unfortunately Im not in the market for a whole new set up plus stand and I dont have space in my house for anything wider or longer, and need to keep the stand Ive got which is this dimensions for my 125 now. More looking to upgrade to give my fish more space as they grow, most are juveniles now so I have some time but its more the room in my house cant have anything longer or deeper!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do acrylic tanks with overflows included already have the connections for a sump and the pluming? Got a nice sump and dont need a replacement

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So do acrylic tanks with overflows included already have the connections for a sump and the pluming? Got a nice sump and dont need a replacement
If you are referring to all of the plumbing going from the display tank to the sump then not likely. They will probably have an overflow box and a couple of holes drilled like a standard reef ready glass aquarium.
It may or may not come with the bulkheads.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are referring to all of the plumbing going from the display tank to the sump then not likely. They will probably have an overflow box and a couple of holes drilled like a standard reef ready glass aquarium.
It may or may not come with the bulkheads.
Ah okay as long as it does have the drillings for the plumbing to the sump I can work with that. Pumps and blukheads would for sure need to be replaced

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure your stand will work 125 are typically 18” wide not 24”.
Oof okay let me re measure. I thought mine was 24 (going from memory when I first measured and set it up). Thank you!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back