Tank Redo - HELP!!

LOLO'S SALTY OASIS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I recently purchased a "aquarium safe" decoration (tree that looks like mushrooms, hallow inside) for my 20 gallon reef tank. I had live sand, some live rock, a couple little RBTA, a lot of ricordea mushrooms, a few hammers & a couple little incrustables. For fish, I have my ice storm clownfish & blenny, a handful of snails & a peppermint shrimp. Everything was fine until 2 weeks after putting this decoration in my tank I noticed my shrimp was dead. When I went to scoop him out I bumped into the decoration & bubbles came out from under it. When the bubbles reached the surface I about vomited everything the smell was a mix between horrible sulfur & melting electronics. Well I immediately took it out & the amount of bubbles that came out was unbelievable because I know I tilted it when I first put it in to get the air out. I took all of my coral & fish & put them in my QT. My frag plugs smelt like it, the sand smelt like it, the rocks, my wave maker, everything smelt like those bubbles. I took everything out & cleaned it. I took out all of my sand & did a 90% water change. I added a small new bag of dry reef, installed all of my clean equipment & added clean freshly made saltwater. Did I just restart cycling my tank over? Please please please. I really need help, my fish & snails & everything else don't look happy at all!! Thank you!!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change and run carbon.

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back