Tank redrill...HELP!

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of redrilling my 125. I have 2 overflows that are bottom drilled. I was thinking of pulling those, capping the holes and doing the overflows in the center on the back glass instead of the bottom. Reason is i want more room to aquascape and give the tank more depth. You ideas and opinions are appreciated.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of overflow are you wanting? bean animal? glass holes kit?

Last edited:

fish&corals

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cap it and drill it .. you could do that .. when i drill tanks i use a template so the drill does not move .. it is moves any you might as well call it gone .. just like reefing take your time ..

OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone runningt a bean animal design run into problem with return flow? I am running a EHEIM 1262. Wondering if it might be to much for it. I doubt it but you never know.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use any return on a bean animal set up... you can have the siphon set any where 1 gph to 3,000 gph it doesn't matter.... as for your other holes i would recommend a glass patch siliconed over them not capping the bulkhead just in case it decided to leak you would have to drain the whole tank...:(

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone runningt a bean animal design run into problem with return flow? I am running a EHEIM 1262. Wondering if it might be to much for it. I doubt it but you never know.

ive got one on a 40b setup here with a hf20 the bulkhead is 1" and the pump is abit too strong, but its also a 1290gph pump. at 4' its rated 990gph.

OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use any return on a bean animal set up... you can have the siphon set any where 1 gph to 3,000 gph it doesn't matter.... as for your other holes i would recommend a glass patch siliconed over them not capping the bulkhead just in case it decided to leak you would have to drain the whole tank...:(

Thats good to know. And i would definately cap it with glass and silicone :)

ive got one on a 40b setup here with a hf20 the bulkhead is 1" and the pump is abit too strong, but its also a 1290gph pump. at 4' its rated 990gph.
Thats some water movement for sure. I have dursos on mine right now and i noticed the water level went up 1/4" in. with the eheim. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And draining the tank wouldnt be a problem. I have a 180 gal acrylic tank for stand by. My grow out tank when i used to breed angelfish. It would be my Display if it wasnt so scratched up beyond repair.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats some water movement for sure. I have dursos on mine right now and i noticed the water level went up 1/4" in. with the eheim. Thanks for the info.
just a tad too much as i had to put a ball valve in line just a tad closed

in reallity im hoping i do crack it lol. Then i can go get the 185 cube i saw this weekend :)

heck just get the cube and sell the 125. life is too short to look at a tank you find ugly

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pump is to strong for a bean animal setup... Let me tell you this on my current tank I have a atb flostar 3200gph and the full siphon on a 1" bulkhead begging for more lol.... A single 1" drain ran at full siphon can pull in excess of 3500 gph dont under estimate it..;)

five O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I have my Bean animal only open up about 1/4 of the way with 1600 gph. Lee is on the money. No pump is to strong for the most part

OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I have my Bean animal only open up about 1/4 of the way with 1600 gph. Lee is on the money. No pump is to strong for the most part

bean animal it is!!! thanks everyone. If i go through with it ill post some pics.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back