tank upgrade input

GPhiAce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading in a few months and am in the planning phase now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am going to list all the hardware and the predicted livestock , but things may change of course. So here it goes.

Tank: Standard 150g standard bottom drilled tank with matching stand and canopy. 50g sump (I think, but am not sure). Back of canopy will be closed with mesh. The tank will be completely sealed.

Lights: retrofit- 2x LumenMax Elite, 2x 250 Aquaconnect or Radiums. 2x 250w IceCap eballast. 4x 45w T5 (unsure of bulbs at this point) IceCap 660

Flow: Closed loop OM squirt with a PW 50pxx. 2x Vortech MP40w (I will need to buy one since I have one)

Skimmer: MRC 2R (dual beckett injectors) with pw 150ps

Livestock/LR: ~100lbs LR. SPS and Palys mostly. Heavily stocked with wrasses (7 or so. most likely: Pink Margin, Red velvet, whipfin, rhomboid, lineatus, 2 flame wrasse) maybe a clown fish pair and yellow tang

Controller: ACJr with 2DC8, pH and temp probe (unless I can get a new one)

Heating/Cooling: Finnex heater (not sure which one). 2x IceCap fans (will be mounted in canopy)

Tank: Standard 150g standard bottom drilled tank with matching stand and canopy. 50g sump (I think, but am not sure)

Lights: retrofit- 2x LumenMax Elite, 2x 250 Aquaconnect or Radiums. 2x 250w IceCap eballast. 4x 45w T5 (unsure of bulbs at this point) IceCap 660

Flow: Closed loop OM squirt with a PW 50pxx. 2x Vortech MP40w (I will need to buy one since I have one)

Skimmer: MRC 2R (dual beckett injectors) with pw 150ps

Livestock/LR: ~100lbs LR. SPS and Palys mostly. Heavily stocked with wrasses (7 or so. most likely: Pink Margin, Red velvet, whipfin, rhomboid, lineatus, 2 flame wrasse) maybe a clown fish pair and yellow tang

Controller: ACJr with 2DC8, pH and temp probe (unless I can get a new one)

Over equipment: 2x PW 100px return pumps. MRC1 Calcium reactor with added second container. Unsure about what media reactor, but I will be on the lookout.

I would like to have one section of my sump to be a frag tank and one section to hold cheato or some other type of macro algae. I am planning on using gravity to feed my skimmer, media and calrium reactor. I am not to sure about that one, and may be able to dedicate a pw100px to feed the external equipment. All equipment will hopefully be housed in an equipment cabinet right next to the tank. Once again, I am open to all suggestions. I wasted a lot of money on my first 2 tanks in upgrades and would like to get this one right the first time. The majority of the stuff above is tentatively purchased, but I can always revise/sale. Thanks
IceCap fan

Over equipment: 2x PW 100px return pumps. MRC1 Calcium reactor with added second container. Unsure about what media reactor, but I will be on the lookout. ReefCrystals salt. QuietOne 3000 for salt mixing and a lot of other little things for maintance and such.

I would like to have one section of my sump to be a frag tank and one section to hold cheato or some other type of macro algae. I am planning on using gravity to feed my skimmer, media and calrium reactor. I am not to sure about that one, and may be able to dedicate a pw100px to feed the external equipment. All equipment will hopefully be housed in an equipment cabinet right next to the tank. Once again, I am open to all suggestions. I wasted a lot of money on my first 2 tanks in upgrades and would like to get this one right the first time. The majority of the stuff above is tentatively purchased, but I can always revise/sale. Thanks

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 92 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 109 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back