Technical room specifications

FOliveira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers,

I am currently building my new home from scratch, and was able to include in the projects an in-wall 200G tank, in the middle of the living room, with a dedicated technical room behind it (amazingly, my wife agreed on this! :) )

I am in the phase of telling the arquitects what specifications, materials, etc. should be built-in in the technical room, but I have zero experience on this (my 2 current setups are pretty small, 20G and 65G, with pretty much all the technicals happening inside the bottom cabinets).

My ideas to the arquitect, so far, are:
  • concrete floors (to support around one ton of weight);
  • Water faucet for cold and hot water, with a sink (for cleaning / rinsing equipment);
  • Big drain on the floor;
  • Ventilation system for air renewal (to reduce CO2 levels and ph drops) and humidity extraction (to deal with evaporation)
Do you guys have any additional ideas that could be included in this phase of construction, that would make the operation easier in the long run?

Thanks in advance for any input :)

Happy reefing!

Filipe

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers,

I am currently building my new home from scratch, and was able to include in the projects an in-wall 200G tank, in the middle of the living room, with a dedicated technical room behind it (amazingly, my wife agreed on this! :) )

I am in the phase of telling the arquitects what specifications, materials, etc. should be built-in in the technical room, but I have zero experience on this (my 2 current setups are pretty small, 20G and 65G, with pretty much all the technicals happening inside the bottom cabinets).

My ideas to the arquitect, so far, are:
  • concrete floors (to support around one ton of weight);
  • Water faucet for cold and hot water, with a sink (for cleaning / rinsing equipment);
  • Big drain on the floor;
  • Ventilation system for air renewal (to reduce CO2 levels and ph drops) and humidity extraction (to deal with evaporation)
Do you guys have any additional ideas that could be included in this phase of construction, that would make the operation easier in the long run?

Thanks in advance for any input :)

Happy reefing!

Filipe
Hi Filipe, bom dia
for a new build of this size, I would request for a concrete slab for a total weight of 3 tons (this is not that much for a concrete slab, but still good to mention to the architect). Water volume, sump, tank and stand, rocks, sand, equipment, water change tanks,... all will add up easily to 1600kg or even more.
Electrically, you should ask for a separated/dedicated circuit for the tank equipment and lights.
Have a look to add some solar panels to the electrical circuit if possible.
I believe hot water is not really necessary.
Good luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back