Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think this is intended to have a sump its only 3g, I think its just a simple overflow/return chamber to pull the surface skim off, I will make a crude 3d media basket to go in mine. The AIO have more chambers, filter sock etc...at least that is my understanding.

Ok hopefully they clarify. I was just wondering because I thought AIO then someone said they just needed a sump so at this point I realize... I don't know which it is lol

It does not matter either way to me but just want to know what to plan for.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok hopefully they clarify. I was just wondering because I thought AIO then someone said they just needed a sump so at this point I realize... I don't know which it is lol

It does not matter either way to me but just want to know what to plan for.

Good morning. The kit will ship predrilled

I think this is intended to plumb into an existing system.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is intended to plumb into an existing system.
There will be a drain hole and a return hole. Everyone, PLEASE READ the product description. If anyone thinks they made a mistake ordering this, no problem, please email us and we will process your full refund as long as you contact us before we ship them.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be a drain hole and a return hole. Everyone, PLEASE READ the product description. If anyone thinks they made a mistake ordering this, no problem, please email us and we will process your full refund as long as you contact us before we ship them.

Thanks for clarification, I read the description but it just said overflow and I wasn't 100% sure.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think this is intended to have a sump its only 3g, I think its just a simple overflow/return chamber to pull the surface skim off, I will make a crude 3d media basket to go in mine. The AIO have more chambers, filter sock etc...at least that is my understanding.

We were both wrong :)

It is a sump system.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we need further clarification, I assumed the pre-drilled was referring to the overflow insert, can we clarify that this unit is intended to be a stand alone unit. I would not plan to run this with a sump etc, I assumed there was an overflow and a hole for a return pump outlet back into the tank. I have read the description but it just talks about pre-drilled etc...

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine most will plumb into existing systems rather than add a standalone sump to a Pico tank.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Program update. There are approx. 80 confirmed sales so far. This program is capped at 100 sales. If you are on the fence, time to jump off.
Make that 81, If you want you can hold my order in anticipation for the AIO thingy next week! I 100% need the 18x18 :)
Yall are the best!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we need further clarification, I assumed the pre-drilled was referring to the overflow insert, can we clarify that this unit is intended to be a stand alone unit. I would not plan to run this with a sump etc, I assumed there was an overflow and a hole for a return pump outlet back into the tank. I have read the description but it just talks about pre-drilled etc...
This is intended to be run with a sump (not included)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's not an AIO, therefore a sump of some sort is necessary. If it wasn't, it would be an all-in-one.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh then I will have to cancel my order, I just read the description and I would not be able to use this...bummer.

I think you could just weld over some acrylic from the store in the drain holes and then it would be an AIO. Might have to drill a return hole in the overflow box if there isn't one on the side we can't see. Both things are fairly simple.

You could also add bulk heads and cap them off to cover the holes.

Back