!!!THE ARGUMENT FOR AQUACULTURE RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I mean really! Aren't you guys tired of buying SPS that looks stupidly good, only to have them show up looking like a pitiful, far cry from what was expected. Or, ok lets say the "trip" wasn't so bad on them, and they look ok at first, but within a few days to a week, those incendiary colors, well they fade fast, to that all familiar "wild brown" I like to call it. Sure, you're in it for the long haul now. And if you are lucky the frag will live, and after countless months of TLC, you may one day see that color return, or at least some semblance of it.

But why punish yourselves like that? Doing so only serves to deflate and discourage potential SPS enthusiasts to no end. This is a conversation I have all too often. "What's wrong with my tank?" they'll ask. "Quite possibly nothing" I'll respond. Then we'll likely discuss a few possible causes, and eventually touch on the origin, and the answers always the same. Well, not always but more often then not. Wild or near wild frags. Now I'm not going to harp on vendors because I get it guys. We gotta do what we gotta do and lets face it, a fully aquacultured SPS inventory is frigging hard to do. This is something I very much understand myself. At the end of the day buying and fragging wild colonies is the only way most vendors can make money, but again, this leaves you the patron with the daunting task of keeping a highly unstable coral alive.

Well, its time forget all that because I have done the heavy lifting for you. I bought the wild junk. I've endured the long cold brown spells, the die offs and the all to frequent dormant duds, only to be able offer you rock solid and color steadfast, 100% captive grown SPS. All of which will retain the kind color you see below, far more and beyond what any wild, or near wild cut will for you. This I will guarantee.

Perhaps the greatest benefit of captive grown acros, even beyond the color retention and overall better health, is that THEY ADAPT! That's right, just because they are extra pretty, does not mean they are somehow harder to keep alive or more finicky. So there you have it. Doesn't get much better than this. An 8 pack fit for any collector. From beginner to full blown aficionado, this pack suits everyone just shy of perfectly.

Some super rare mega gems, including Tim Aquavista's Blue Voodoo, Exclusive Coral's Aventador and my own insanely vibrant Three Seasons, as well as a few hard to find classics! This pack just oozes with class.

599.00 shipped

1. BCs' Ruby Tipped Granulosa
2. Aquavistas' Blue Voodoo

3. ECs' Aventador
4. Atlantis' Shades of Fall
5. Tyrees' $500 Efflo
6. SunnyXs' OG Sunset

7. BCs' Three Seasons
8. BCs' Spainbow

IMG_3759-Edit_zpsxd0pboa3.jpg

IMG_3757_zpss3ix4nae.jpg

Last edited:

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pack as always! I haven't seen Tim's (AquaVista) reef in several years. He's local and your post got me thinking, I need to see what he's been up to.
BC is always bringing the heat!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You know I love the Voodoo! Glad to see it getting some love. Amazing pack.

Can't say thanks enough for that one! It was hard man, I really didn't want to touch that one yet but I felt this pack really needed something to push it over the edge. It's a low branch even but my little colony is looking ridiculous.

Gary, Tim doesn't mess around man. Last I heard he was setting up a literal monster custom tank. I'm sure it's something to behold by now.

zachmac1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking pack Adam. Have a new prop tank up and running. Will be sending you a list in the next few days. Hope all has been well for you and your family.

charleslotz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great write up and yes for us who have been trough the tedious , Wild colonies , browning and taking months to color up, months to start growing then ending up to be a unappealing color we know all to well what your saying ,....

Short story , I purchased and setup a large reef tank , upgrade as my 200'was full up .. I was impatient and seeked a shortcut to fill my display , i found a great retailer that sold me coral in huge quantities , verious sizes from 5-10 inch... And a couple larger dropped allot of money and set to work. Aquascaping... Tank looked amazing for 2 weeks and things started to change. Browning , color changes, I found yellows turned to green , pink turned to red ,... Blue turned to purple,... In the end I lost 10 % , (5 colonies) 40% browned and now slowly coloring back up totally different to how they came in. In the end have multiple similar looking corals. And the frags I purchased have out grown some of the colonies. The flip side is that in those 50 odd ... colonies I have 5 pieces that are unique, as a stick collector this is what I look for... That piece that very few have, that one of a kind... One piece is the grown jewel after 1 year , beautifully deep , blue with white polyps,... Looks like snow on a blue tree... I nor Many of my friends have never seen its like. I also have an amazing milli that come in as a sunset , but changed to have intense red , yellow, green.

If I would do it again i would buy the sure thing , this will give you the color palette your looking for and a mush better rate of success, growth.... Etc ,... If your looking for that ellisuve one of a kind and you have the endurance and the money as at the end of the day the frags are cheaper than the wild colonies ( considering time, losses and ugly ), however In my humble opinion I have an unique tank, I have pieces nobody in my reef club have , so may people have the same Corol , strawberry, red planet , etc etc .... Don't get me wrong that is beautiful , and probably more vivid in color than mine,... But my tank attracts mush interest , and it's my pleasure to see the changes that happen and the colors that come through. I regurly buy browned out colonies to watch them change.... They are cheap and it's like a lackey packet.... One day I will strike gold... :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great write up and yes for us who have been trough the tedious , Wild colonies , browning and taking months to color up, months to start growing then ending up to be a unappealing color we know all to well what your saying ,....

Short story , I purchased and setup a large reef tank , upgrade as my 200'was full up .. I was impatient and seeked a shortcut to fill my display , i found a great retailer that sold me coral in huge quantities , verious sizes from 5-10 inch... And a couple larger dropped allot of money and set to work. Aquascaping... Tank looked amazing for 2 weeks and things started to change. Browning , color changes, I found yellows turned to green , pink turned to red ,... Blue turned to purple,... In the end I lost 10 % , (5 colonies) 40% browned and now slowly coloring back up totally different to how they came in. In the end have multiple similar looking corals. And the frags I purchased have out grown some of the colonies. The flip side is that in those 50 odd ... colonies I have 5 pieces that are unique, as a stick collector this is what I look for... That piece that very few have, that one of a kind... One piece is the grown jewel after 1 year , beautifully deep , blue with white polyps,... Looks like snow on a blue tree... I nor Many of my friends have never seen its like. I also have an amazing milli that come in as a sunset , but changed to have intense red , yellow, green.

If I would do it again i would buy the sure thing , this will give you the color palette your looking for and a mush better rate of success, growth.... Etc ,... If your looking for that ellisuve one of a kind and you have the endurance and the money as at the end of the day the frags are cheaper than the wild colonies ( considering time, losses and ugly ), however In my humble opinion I have an unique tank, I have pieces nobody in my reef club have , so may people have the same Corol , strawberry, red planet , etc etc .... Don't get me wrong that is beautiful , and probably more vivid in color than mine,... But my tank attracts mush interest , and it's my pleasure to see the changes that happen and the colors that come through. I regurly buy browned out colonies to watch them change.... They are cheap and it's like a lackey packet.... One day I will strike gold... :)

Thanks for the comment agree 100% that it's a huge delight when junk goes pretty. Thats ultimately what I do for a living lol! And if your up to the challenge it can be extremely rewarding. Where I take issue, is vendors selling off this stuff at its most appealing but also must unstable stage as well. I say make the vendor earn your money. Let us deal with the rigors and pitfalls of wild stuff! Especially if you new to sps. And there's a whole other facet I left untouched here as well, and thats pests! Saving that for another write up though;)

reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all two well with pests as I have share with Battlecorals...aka Mr.Adams. My new tank as I'm sure will be 100% pest free thanks to him. This fellow reefers is not a sales pitch...follow this lead and you will save on headache...time...distress and $$$ of coarse...cheers!!! Adams sps ethics and advocacy for us are all understatements. He has leaked so much education and info to improve the hobby for us all...Keep up man!!!

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck is dat?!?!?!

I hate you! Please include a blue voodoo in my next pack! Is that even listed on your site? Amazed:D

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comment agree 100% that it's a huge delight when junk goes pretty. Thats ultimately what I do for a living lol! And if your up to the challenge it can be extremely rewarding. Where I take issue, is vendors selling off this stuff at its most appealing but also must unstable stage as well. I say make the vendor earn your money. Let us deal with the rigors and pitfalls of wild stuff! Especially if you new to sps. And there's a whole other facet I left untouched here as well, and thats pests! Saving that for another write up though;)
Great pack Adam. This pack is probably the 2nd best pack I've seen you put together. Better believe if I had the 600 right now to blow I'd send it your way. Of course we'd have to sub that Spainbow lol

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great pack Adam. This pack is probably the 2nd best pack I've seen you put together. Better believe if I had the 600 right now to blow I'd send it your way. Of course we'd have to sub that Spainbow lol

With you man. Almost tempted to just plant every one of these in my newly re-set up and baron display and call it a day! It really is the perfect pack. The more I look at at the more I think so!

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff as usual Adam. I totally agree with what you said as well a couple posts later. Getting some coral in having them turn into some real beauties has to be very exciting. I wish i had the tank space and money to do that.

I havent picked up anything from you in a long time now, i gotta stop by sometime soon :)

No its hidden just like his 3 seasons!

Kinda funny you said that as i was thinking the same thing. Adam always has so many amazing corals he keeps hidden and slowly slides them into his packs

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff as usual Adam. I totally agree with what you said as well a couple posts later. Getting some coral in having them turn into some real beauties has to be very exciting. I wish i had the tank space and money to do that.

I havent picked up anything from you in a long time now, i gotta stop by sometime soon :)

Kinda funny you said that as i was thinking the same thing. Adam always has so many amazing corals he keeps hidden and slowly slides them into his packs
Haha I'm going to see if he'll send me a list of the hidden stuff

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back