OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Settled on the tank specs so I changed the name of the thread to match the tank. It’s going to be a couple months but I’m excited to start this build. I’m going to add all the specs and equipment to the first post so it is easy to see what I’m planning. If anyone has experience with closed loops let me know as I’m trying to finalize the hole placement.

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered an Orphek Osix 120 plus two of their dim power supplies and 6 of their new OR4 48” bars. I already have 2 OR3 blue plus 48” bars’ which is why I got the dimmer power supplies

My bulbs will be 2 sets of blue plus, UV, Blue Sky and Reef Day. I will test par with this configuration over the tank and if it is not enough I will either add 2 or 3 Atlantik Icons or just more bars of the par is close.

I have not seen a lot of posts on the Osix so I’ll post par and screenshots of the app and controls. I have used Orphek Atlantiks and OR bars for 6 years and I’m a fan of their spectrum and build quality.

OP
OP
lbacha

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is ordered and Joe at GlassCages said it may be as soon as 8 weeks so I have a lot of work to do to prep for its arrival. Joe made the process very easy and I highly recommend reaching out to GlassCages if you need a new tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back