The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m guessing there is a more significant issue. I have barely heard anything from anyone about having a Mindstream, or the data. There are what, maybe 4 people on R2R who have it?

Even the OP. I’m pretty confident if his unit was working, he would be more forthcoming with the results....

Could you tell me whether your Mindstream functioning as intended, OP? I can’t figure out how to tag you LOL, there are too many Daniels and I can’t use “@“ or it ends the results. Maybe a #mod could help me figure out how he is tagged lol

@Daniel@R2R
I've found it to be consistent. I still like it a lot. The alerts are really helpful. I haven't done a lot of comparing data with other tests, so I'm reluctant to give any input there. However, I'm enjoying mine.

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found it to be consistent. I still like it a lot. The alerts are really helpful. I haven't done a lot of comparing data with other tests, so I'm reluctant to give any input there. However, I'm enjoying mine.

Wow, Daniel you are a Superstar on R2R! Great job. I know who to ask questions now!

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did email them again.. and again I was advised thank you ect for waiting and more. They again advised they are working on production and with any new product ect ect.. I have been the squeekkkkyyyyy wheeellll.. And I can say that I do believe they are pushing them out in the order and time ... no one is jumping the line as far as I can see. I am guessing if they did a graph and bell curve off orders there was a large jump in July once a few of us saw a few posts and got of the fence.. Just my 2 cents. Hoping its here before reefpolloza in chicago.. I am sure they will have a both set up there...

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any reviews of this product by real people yet? Daniel’s above comment that he likes it is the only comment I’ve ever seen from someone who actually has it. Every thread I find is a long discussion (often too long for me to read through) about everything other than how it actually works from lots of people who don’t have one.

I’d like to learn more about the actual product in the hands of a person using it. Anyone have any links to share?

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any reviews of this product by real people yet? Daniel’s above comment that he likes it is the only comment I’ve ever seen from someone who actually has it. Every thread I find is a long discussion (often too long for me to read through) about everything other than how it actually works from lots of people who don’t have one.

I’d like to learn more about the actual product in the hands of a person using it. Anyone have any links to share?
Use the search tool for Mindstream. There are several threads out there.

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$1k plus 35 per month... That's a hard to pull to swallow.
No more manual testing, like Anything. Not even salinity or temp??? Ok, I'm listening.

ClearLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for Daniel@R2R - I like playing the devils advocate so... Did you get your unit as a free evaluation unit that was doted over for months to be sure it was perfect, with 3 or 4 disks that were selected out of hundreds tested or did you buy it off the shelf or on-line like the rest of us will. I ask that because I have seen a very small SELECT group of people that that have one and talk about it favorably and even Daniel@R2R avoided comparing manual test accuracy with the units accuracy..

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine off the website and got a discount as an original kickstarter investor. Into second month with second disc. Third disc is supposed to ship tomorrow. In general measurements are accurate using Hanna, Salifert and Red Sea kits. Which, by the way always have some variance in results themselves.There has been somewhat of a learning curve but in general it works as advertised.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question for Daniel@R2R - I like playing the devils advocate so... Did you get your unit as a free evaluation unit that was doted over for months to be sure it was perfect, with 3 or 4 disks that were selected out of hundreds tested or did you buy it off the shelf or on-line like the rest of us will. I ask that because I have seen a very small SELECT group of people that that have one and talk about it favorably and even Daniel@R2R avoided comparing manual test accuracy with the units accuracy..
Hi! I won mine at the MACNA raffle 2015, and then had to wait until the unit was finally brought to production in 2019 to receive it. So no, it wasn't a free evaluation unit. I also haven't 'avoided' comparing it to manual tests. I simply haven't done the comparison, so I can't post about it. Hope that clears up the confusion.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as I thought. Its a specially selected unit. The fact that Daniel has had the unit since 2015 and has yet to conduct an accuracy comparison sounds VERY fishy. Human nature tells you that would be the very first thing a person would do. I'm not buying it.

Lol, he won it in 2015 but he didn't actually get it until recently. The product had delays, it wasn't available until just a couple months ago.

Hi! I won mine at the MACNA raffle 2015, and then had to wait until the unit was finally brought to production in 2019 to receive it. So no, it wasn't a free evaluation unit. I also haven't 'avoided' comparing it to manual tests. I simply haven't done the comparison, so I can't post about it. Hope that clears up the confusion.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok...
How much can you get for selling your blood to a blood bank??
I dont think you can get anything - but you could try plasma lol:). or bone marrow - or find someone who needs a kidney (just kidding - I believe that's illegal)

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you haven't seen my posts about my MS. I've had some issues but they seem to be getting better. That reminds me, I should go update my threads.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you haven't seen my posts about my MS. I've had some issues but they seem to be getting better. That reminds me, I should go update my threads.

That thread. Your alk is at 11.5 with the Hanna checker and mindstream is telling you that it's 6.5ish. That's got to be more than just the different methods of measuring alk. I think that alone would make me pack it up and send the entire thing back to them. Add the differences in CA and connection issues and I'd be livid. Sorry you are having to deal with so many issues. Seems like things a beta tester might have to deal with, but not someone that dropped a grand to purchase this.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thread. Your alk is at 11.5 with the Hanna checker and mindstream is telling you that it's 6.5ish. That's got to be more than just the different methods of measuring alk. I think that alone would make me pack it up and send the entire thing back to them. Add the differences in CA and connection issues and I'd be livid. Sorry you are having to deal with so many issues. Seems like things a beta tester might have to deal with, but not someone that dropped a grand to purchase this.

The cal and mag issues are leveling out but my alk still seems out of whack. The connection issue is fixed though. I'm not ready to give up on it yet, I think it will get right.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back