The new GHL server

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I have update to latest FW on my P4. How do I know which server I am connected to - The new or the old?

Using MyGHL and a PC

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse,

It's simple: a message appears when you connect to the device via myGHL if the device is still connected to the old infrastructure.

Gaël

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the new server speed up anything when you use GHL Connect with a local connection? I would think it would for history at least.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the new server speed up anything when you use GHL Connect with a local connection? I would think it would for history at least.
Yes, everything loaded from the myGHL service, such as history graphs and the Logbook

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed yesterday several times during the day that I received the Firmware Update required message despite already having upgraded to 7515 (I usually log in 5-8 times per day to check status of the tanks) a few days before. As the announcement indicated - they're running the new/old servers in parallel for some period of time to ensure all users have the opportunity to upgrade and to protect against failures.

All this to say - if you get the logged into the old infrastructure message and you've already upgraded FW to 7515 - there is nothing to do. I've not noticed a performance difference between the servers but its still early days.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not have to be on 7515 to be on the new server.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? How do you tell which (old/new) server you're logged into and why the Login message indicating FW update required to access new servers?

Minimum to connect to the new server is 7141. The message pops up no mater what your firmware is if connected to the old server.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the main FW of your P4 that´s have to be updated too. Latest is 7.38. If you update that - the messages will not come again. I did the update today - I have a rather large system - it works well. If you update the main FW - be sure you do a backup of your old settinf first - here

1706394019093.png

Sincerely Lasse

Sincerely Lasse

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can you download v7207?

I didn't want to install the beta until its fully released , in the change logs it says
  • October 09, 2023: Added webinterface V3.24.16 and WiFi-firmware 7207
I can only find
  • June 16, 2023: Added webinterface V3.24.0 and WiFi-firmware 7202
and the beta

SoNap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, I‘m still on 7.33.

Performance is with the new server much better.
At the moment performance wise I‘m happy now.
This is a big difference compared to how it was before.

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not getting the message popup so I presume I am connecting to the new server, I have to say I haven't seen any speed improvement but having said that I never had a problem previously, its always been pretty much instant loading for me

gerard_zzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the newest firmware for P4 and Wifi. When I open the connect app on phone or tablet I get the message to update. When I use MyGHL on PC, there is no update message. Does it mean that my computer connects with the new server and my phone and tablet with the old server?
If so, will the server for my phone change automatically and when will this be?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the newest firmware for P4 and Wifi. When I open the connect app on phone or tablet I get the message to update. When I use MyGHL on PC, there is no update message. Does it mean that my computer connects with the new server and my phone and tablet with the old server?
If so, will the server for my phone change automatically and when will this be?
Hello,

The only explanation I can think of is that your ProfiLux is still connected to the old myGHL infrastructure.
Your phone and tablet have the updated GHL Connect app while your computer must be loading an old myghl.com page from the cache.
Restart your Internet router and then your ProfiLux to help it connect to the new myGHL server, and clear the browser cache on your PC to load a recent version.

Gaël

gerard_zzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The phone and tablet are on the old server, the PC is on the new server.

I cleared the cache of the app on my phone, no result. I use my phone on the home wifi network and without wifi, does not change anything; so I think the router is not the problem.
When I updatet the Profilux and the wifi of the Profilux I restarted the P4 two times.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The phone and tablet are on the old server, the PC is on the new server.

I cleared the cache of the app on my phone, no result. I use my phone on the home wifi network and without wifi, does not change anything; so I think the router is not the problem.
When I updatet the Profilux and the wifi of the Profilux I restarted the P4 two times.
No, it's not possible because: it's the ProfiLux, which is either connected to the old infrastructure or to the new one.
If the application is recent (see the knowledge base article linked to the update message), it will first try to reach the GHL device via the new infrastructure, and if it doesn't succeed, it will then try via the old infrastructure, in which case it will display the update message

Gael.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. And I get the upgrade information from my phone both on 4G and on my local network. I restart both my router and my cable modem - and now I do not see the update message on any of my devices. I suppose I´m on the new server. To load my spare P4 with nearly nothing on the dashboard - around 5 sec

With my heavy loaded dashboard for my main P4 - around 15 sec

Sincerely Lasse

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back