Status
Not open for further replies.

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...there was a whole lot of BS in the middle there. I’m glad you got your mushrooms and I’m no expert, but they don’t look half bad for all the drama they went through. I had some zoas that got routed back east somehow (I’m in CA) and even with a 24hr delay they looked fine a couple days later. My guess is that shrooms are just as resilient. Keep us updated!

OP
OP
Tucker64

Tucker64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled-6.jpg

This is fantastic!!

Jguido1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy you received your coral. I’m sure they will be ok and be a great addition to your Tank.
I read through the thread and found people’s reaction a little funny. “Violation of 4th amendment rights” “get a lawyer” “the cop kept it for his Tank” “the cops are to blame” but it seems like it all turned out to be not the police at all but rather a UPS/shipper issue that flagged it. So I guess the police did exactly what we would want them to do when a shipper contacts them and is suspicious of a package. Maybe the police shouldn’t investigate suspicious packages anymore, Bc really what can ever come in a box through the mail that can harm anyone?

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant trust a cop they know where the package is and whats in the box. they just don't want to admit they have made yet another mistake...........very sad
You're free to put on a uniform, walk a beat and fix it all. It's so very easy to be critic isn't it?

Jguido1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're free to put on a uniform, walk a beat and fix it all. It's so very easy to be critic isn't it?

“So many problems with cops, no good ones out there.” “Cops are bad.” I just wish the people who know how to do THE JOB would put on the uniform, walk the foot posts, and answer the calls. I guess we can keep our fingers crossed maybe someday the all knowing bystanders will fix this problems

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! What a story. I get worried when I am expeciting something live and it says it will be delivered by 10 and it's 9:30. :) They should make it through. The stuff coming out of the mouth is pretty normal when stressed. The stress might even cause them to split.

sheepdog76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd share what happened to me today. I bought a WWC frostbite bounce from another reefer and it was suppose to arrive today. Early in the morning I got a email from UPS saying the box had been put on the truck and was out for delivery. Everything seemed normal when the UPS man pulled up to my house however he never got out of the van, sat there for awhile and then left. I thought it was weird but just assumed he had dropped something off to someone else before I had saw the van.

Then I got a email. The email said there would be a delay on delivering my package and that it had been taken by a "Government Agency". Soooo naturally I freaked out. I called UPS immediately and at first they would not tell me anything. The customer service rep asked me what was in the package and I told them coral. This took serval minutes of further explaining as you can imagine. Finally, they told me that my package had been taken by the Akron Police department. When I asked why, they kept saying to contact the seller and he had been told what to do.

So I contact the seller, who was just as shocked as me naturally. Sure enough though he had received no information about the incident. He called and was told it was seized for being a "suspicious package".

I called the Police department and they were extremely unhelpful. I was polite because its the police and I knew if I got overly upset they would most likely be more difficult to work with. So I tried to be as respectful as possible. However, they told me there was no way of tracking the incident which I think is extremely odd. You would think if they felt the need to take a mail piece from me they would want to question me about it or something. They could not tell me why it was taken, when I could pick it up or where it even was. The officer on the phone even asked me if there was a bunch of drugs in the package.......then why would I be calling them?

I explained to them what the package was and that it would probably die if not in the right environment and they did not seem to care. They gave me two numbers to their drug task force and told me that was probably my best bet. After several calls and messages not one time did they answer or return my call.

I just can't believe they can just seize property like that and not even keep track of it. Even if the box had contained something more sinister you would think they would have at least followed up on it, went to my house or some sort of action. If I were a real bad guy I would have been long gone by now lol.

Anyone ever have this happen? What do you guys think I should do?
6C644AF1-531C-4729-A242-D4C3D19AAC45.png

Just thought I'd share what happened to me today. I bought a WWC frostbite bounce from another reefer and it was suppose to arrive today. Early in the morning I got a email from UPS saying the box had been put on the truck and was out for delivery. Everything seemed normal when the UPS man pulled up to my house however he never got out of the van, sat there for awhile and then left. I thought it was weird but just assumed he had dropped something off to someone else before I had saw the van.

Then I got a email. The email said there would be a delay on delivering my package and that it had been taken by a "Government Agency". Soooo naturally I freaked out. I called UPS immediately and at first they would not tell me anything. The customer service rep asked me what was in the package and I told them coral. This took serval minutes of further explaining as you can imagine. Finally, they told me that my package had been taken by the Akron Police department. When I asked why, they kept saying to contact the seller and he had been told what to do.

So I contact the seller, who was just as shocked as me naturally. Sure enough though he had received no information about the incident. He called and was told it was seized for being a "suspicious package".

I called the Police department and they were extremely unhelpful. I was polite because its the police and I knew if I got overly upset they would most likely be more difficult to work with. So I tried to be as respectful as possible. However, they told me there was no way of tracking the incident which I think is extremely odd. You would think if they felt the need to take a mail piece from me they would want to question me about it or something. They could not tell me why it was taken, when I could pick it up or where it even was. The officer on the phone even asked me if there was a bunch of drugs in the package.......then why would I be calling them?

I explained to them what the package was and that it would probably die if not in the right environment and they did not seem to care. They gave me two numbers to their drug task force and told me that was probably my best bet. After several calls and messages not one time did they answer or return my call.

I just can't believe they can just seize property like that and not even keep track of it. Even if the box had contained something more sinister you would think they would have at least followed up on it, went to my house or some sort of action. If I were a real bad guy I would have been long gone by now lol.

Anyone ever have this happen? What do you guys think I should do?

Just read a story that a guy just plead guilty for selling and shipping protected corals

Monkichi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great fantastic! Now time to bounce from this thread.

Hpolascik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what if anything did you find out about your seized bounce mushroom?

Arrick_L

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you bounce mushroom is in some shady law enforcement officers tank right now.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: I got a call back from the Akron Drug Taskforce finally. The officer was very polite and professional. Once again it took a little explaining to get the whole situation to sink in to him. He said that the package must have been flagged by UPS for some reason. They had inspected the package and had found nothing that was illegal with the package and its contents. They said that UPS should be delivering the package later today. He also said because they made the report any claims should be filed with UPS.

He also apologized for the other Officer not looking into the matter sooner and also admitted it should have been handled a little better.

The interesting thing is that they said the package has not even been opened so I'm wondering how they even inspected it?

I also received a email from UPS right after the conversation with the Officer confirming the delivery to be attempted later today. Thought that was kinda funny lol.

I'll update with how the coral arrives.
Maybe they x-rayed it?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys please keep this discussion on topic. It was started to discuss what happened with a bounce shroom and has turned into something completely different. We have let it go pretty far but we are asking you bring it back to the original topic or not post in the thread. I would hate to see the thread closed because it went so far off topic.
Thank you,
-Team R2R
Going to put this out there again. This thread is about a delayed shroom, not your feelings about police. Please keep this thread on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 59 29.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back