The Proposal -Red Sea Reefer 170 Build Thread

Jack McCann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright everyone! Here is a start to a new beginning, I recently shut down a nuvo fusion 10g (wee tanked) as well a 80 gallon sumpless in order to set up a Red Sea Reefer 170!!!

As far as the title goes, I'm sure you can assume where it is headed come the next few months. The girlfriend and I have been together for long enough and the pressures ON!!!

I tried my my best to go with top notch equipment and so far I think I've done pretty well! So on to the specs thus far and then to what you guys really want... PICTURES!!!

Tank : Red Sea Reefer 170

Return pump : Ecotech Vectra M1

Powerhead : Ecotech Mp40w Quiet Drive

Skimmer : Reef Octopus 110sss

Light : Ai Prime HD (temporary)

Current livestock:

Bullet-Hole clownfish pair
Leopard wrasse
Full moon goby
5x sexy shrimp
2x cleaner shrimp
1x blood shrimp
various chalice,
designer zoa/palys
torches
leathers
Large bluespot clam
more to come

OP
OP
J

Jack McCann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed three anthias for the tank. Love these guys! Absolutely gorgeous!

One is still timid and hides in the back, hopefully soon enough the three of them will hang out together!

IMG_0452.JPG

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the build. I started a build with the same tank about three months ago. These tanks are awesome and super silent. Really like the fish. What type of light do u have in the sump? I need to get one.

OP
OP
J

Jack McCann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were led strips attached to a pressure switch which turns them on when I open the door and shuts them off when closed.

I added a led Refugium light since I converted my auto top up to a refugium tank. The conversion is well worth it! I have had great success growing all kinds of macro algae and added a mangrove as well.

Since it’s been so long since I’ve posted anything I have upgraded my light to a hydra 26HD and changed a few other things. I plan on posting photo updates once my weekly Maintainence is completed and the glass is all clean

Back