The Reef Aquatics

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one buy from this place on EBay?
There prices are outrageous and so is there shipping charges.
$90 for a Flame Angel. $1000 for a Lennardi Wrasse. Those are $500 and change on I think Fishy Business Aquatics.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$90 for a Flame Angel. $1000 for a Lennardi Wrasse. Those are $500 and change on I think Fishy Business Aquatics.
Wow....no haven't....but those prices are crazy. I can't believe anyone would buy from them! Do they have a actual website, or just selling on eBay? I am always Leary of eBay.....I picture a guy selling stuff out of his basement! LOL!

OP
OP
67chevellemalibu2

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s nothing wrong with EBay. I have made 100’s of purchases over the years. Never a live fish, though.

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s nothing wrong with EBay. I have made 100’s of purchases over the years. Never a live fish, though.
I think Amazon is much better for buying but eBay is better for selling. If there is a dispute, Amazon will always side with the customer, eBay, not so much. No live fish on Amazon as far as I know, I think I've seen FW plants on there though.

/I've been straight up ripped off on eBay and eBay did nothing. This was years ago so maybe things have changed but it left me with a bad taste and never went back. Never missed it either.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For the life of me, I still don't get why anyone uses ebay these days. Real deals are far and few in between and the return policies are much worse than other sites. Sometimes they are useful for very rare, "gotta have it" type items, but for most things they are just a rip off. Saw some newbie on another forum looking at spending nearly $40 from an ebay seller (could be this one) for a whopping 5lbs of dry rock. Ebay had it's hey day in the early 2000s and has been a joke ever since.

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Aquatics = TSM Corals

Very high quality fish, but at a price.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the life of me, I still don't get why anyone uses ebay these days. Real deals are far and few in between and the return policies are much worse than other sites. Sometimes they are useful for very rare, "gotta have it" type items, but for most things they are just a rip off. Saw some newbie on another forum looking at spending nearly $40 from an ebay seller (could be this one) for a whopping 5lbs of dry rock. Ebay had it's hey day in the early 2000s and has been a joke ever since.

I agree. I use eBay to find and buy used stuff; amazon for new stuff. Trouble is that eBay is mostly new stuff now.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's deals to be had on Ebay. I bought two brand new Kessils 360s, goosenecks and cables for $600 from a dealer who had or best offer. But yes - it's buyer beware. BRS has some good deals on open box stock.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's deals to be had on Ebay. I bought two brand new Kessils 360s, goosenecks and cables for $600 from a dealer who had or best offer. But yes - it's buyer beware. BRS has some good deals on open box stock.

That's just it for me. If I am going to spend that kind of money, I definitely want some kind of guarantee. I got two brand new AI Hydra 26HDs plus full rail mount setup for my 90 gallon for $750 from my LFS, so I got the warranty from AI and the ability to swap out for the first 30 days from my LFS (which proved to be very useful as the initial mounts I ordered didn't work with my tank).

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I use eBay to find and buy used stuff; amazon for new stuff. Trouble is that eBay is mostly new stuff now.

That's what I noticed as well. Many items are effectively new and within 10% of buying it new from a site with much better return policies, warranty, or just flat out making sure you get your stuff. I used to use ebay all the time and was even an ebay seller, but after they started fixing shipping prices, raising fees, etc. and then seeing all the new items being thrown on there for little to no discount over a regular vendor, I left.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Aquatics = TSM Corals

Very high quality fish, but at a price.

I don't think thereefaquatics = TSM corals. But he is associated somehow with them. I think he just lists TSM Corals inventory. His ebay profile lists Chester, Maryland as the item's location, but when I asked him about it, he stated the holding facility was in NJ. Not sure why you would go through a middle man rather than just buy direct from tsm corals. Not sure what he gets out of it either as he lists them at the same price as tsm corals.

I think he is also on R2R here: @dh350twin
or maybe @tsm corals can clarify the relationship

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think thereefaquatics = TSM corals. But he is associated somehow with them. I think he just lists TSM Corals inventory. His ebay profile lists Chester, Maryland as the item's location, but when I asked him about it, he stated the holding facility was in NJ. Not sure why you would go through a middle man rather than just buy direct from tsm corals. Not sure what he gets out of it either as he lists them at the same price as tsm corals.

I think he is also on R2R here: @dh350twin
or maybe @tsm corals can clarify the relationship
Would love to hear the exact relationship, but I can assure you they're somehow related or working together, if they're not the same person. "Holding Facility in NJ" = TSM Corals' shop (Westville, NJ). I bet they even ship from New Jersey. ;)

Most likely it's an owner, friend or employee who's in charge of the eBay stuff.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back