The saltwater didn’t fully mix help

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just did a water change and my water has been mixing for 3 hours and I didn’t expect it not to mix fully and when I put it in the particles went everywhere and now all of my corals are sliming mostly my green bubble and my bicolor green hammer. Can they die and is there anything I can do??

Chris’s fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of you should have your water mixed and ready to go before you do a water change. Most people will say to let it mix for at least 24 hours. As of now I would make sure you have tons of flow going in the tank and to blow any salt off of the corals, as it will for sure kill that area. Monitor your salinity and make sure everything stays clean. Best of luck

OP
OP
N

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of you should have your water mixed and ready to go before you do a water change. Most people will say to let it mix for at least 24 hours. As of now I would make sure you have tons of flow going in the tank and to blow any salt off of the corals, as it will for sure kill that area. Monitor your salinity and make sure everything stays clean. Best of luck
Thank you

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future reference, some salts mix way faster than others. I highly recommend red sea salt if you need salt that dissolves quickly. Their salt is good for me in something like 10 minutes

Chris’s fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future reference, some salts mix way faster than others. I highly recommend red sea salt if you need salt that dissolves quickly their salt is good for me in something like 10 minutes
Yeah for sure, check out the BRS video on salt mixes. Its helpful if you want to explore different salt option

OP
OP
N

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future reference, some salts mix way faster than others. I highly recommend red sea salt if you need salt that dissolves quickly. Their salt is good for me in something like 10 minutes
I’ve been using reef pro Red Sea salt. Can my corals die from this?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back