The story of Tangs and Ich

Oliver94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,I am willing to get tangs soon. But I have some misunderstanding of the relationship between the fish and the famous ich.. I will quarantine my tangs before adding them to my tank,to make sure they are ich free... Let's say in the future in the DT tank they get stressed,will they developp ich?? Thank you :)

Last edited:

Ricks Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definitely can.Poor diet,water quality,other fish harassing them etc. Can bring on ich. Most Tangs are more susceptible than a lot of other fish.In my experience,once you get them established in your DT. They are no more prone to ich and other diseases than any other fish.Good Luck !

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich doesn't just come on it's either present or not. If it's not there it can't develop. Best thing you can do is make sure it doesn't go in.

scruggyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich is a parasite. If you eradicate it will not just show up. That is like saying that if you get scared/stressed you will catch aids. The issue is people don't take the time to qt every and anything wet. Ich can be attached to a rock or coral..etc in one part of its lifecycle. If you put it in your tank you can introduce ich.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 91 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back