The term japonese

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i see this term being used alot now by people selling micro's and such is this a marketing thing or is this stuff coming from there now? to me this sounds like another way to hype stuff to get more money(which i personly wont be doing) but just curious what the good folks of this board think on this because up untill the feasco with the Cquarium dude using it ive never heard of this labling now its poping up all over.Or am i outa the loop and stuff is being imported from japan meaning micro's and such:D

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it seems it is being used just as a term. It should be reserved for things strictly coming out of Japan though

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are nothing coming from Japanese waters to America, the last time I talked to a buddy here in town about these Japanese lords and micros he laughed and said if they have stuff Japan then they are committing a serious federal violation. He said anything coming from actual Japan is illegal and it doesn't just have to do with the CITIES but the FTC regulations as well.

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was Zepplin who started a similar thread on RC about this in the LPS forum. Basically ended up with cquarium.com being dragged into the discussion and the thread being closed.

OP
OP
reefboy

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea thats ware i first heard of the discriptive term being used but now im seeing more use it so i was just curious if i was missing somthin lol.

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes it's a marketing term, and unfortunately sometimes it's due to illegally smuggled corals from japan, and either way it's a shame

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back