OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited for you!! Following along so I can see the haul!
Hehe. Thank you. I’ll have to be careful and not spend it all on one coral - It’ll be like “but they’re Louboutins”

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they have a sale going when you're there so your shopping spree allowance can be stretched further.
Didn’t even think of that - I’ll be in the hotel room, clicking on my iPad for $5 corals. Hahahaha.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jennifer, as I have told you multiple times already I am so excited for you! You definitely deserve this trip, so enjoy it! Make sure to pick out the best corals. I cannot wait to see your haul! I am sure you are going to pick out beautiful corals. Definitely following!

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jennifer, as I have told you multiple times already I am so excited for you! You definitely deserve this trip, so enjoy it! Make sure to pick out the best corals. I cannot wait to see your haul! I am sure you are going to pick out beautiful corals. Definitely following!
I have the entire Smorgasbord thread gang counting on me to pick a great selection and clearly quite a few R2R members who are following this thread.

So I promise not to get $1K worth of GSP; not that there’s anything wrong with GSP. (it’s actually pretty cool done right)

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!! I went to TSA last year. I’m from Boston. Great store great people. Depending on what your tank is like, $1000 could get you one frag!!!! Following along.
Very cool you got to see it! What were you most amazed at?

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool you got to see it! What were you most amazed at?
The whole shop was nice. Corals looked great. I wish I could have seen the farm where the magic happens.

Also when you are down there it is definitely worth it to go check out WWC. It is not far from where you will be

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole shop was nice. Corals looked great. I wish I could have seen the farm where the magic happens.

Also when you are down there it is definitely worth it to go check out WWC. It is not far from where you will be
I’m excited to see the farm - all those tangs moving along the raceway!

I made an appointment at WWC to meet VIC and Josh! It was WWC that got me into the hobby originally!

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I mentioned in OG post, In preparation for the trip, I would take photos of my DT to bring with me. I also needed to purchase an actual camera in order to take the best photos possible, including of the TSA displays and farm.

I have never owned a camera (only disposables), and as we all know taking photos of our reef tanks is not easy. I did my research, read the R2R photography threads and came across an experienced reefer who spoke about the camera he has used for many years, and showed incredible photos of his reef, and how he kept it very simple - no added lenses. Many of you know him, @Lasse!

I reached out to Lasse for his advice on purchasing the camera he spoke about and also the best features I should use that the camera offered to take DT photos. Not only did he take the time to read the manual on this newer version of his camera, he wrote out instructions, did screen shots of setups, and even instructed me on my tank light setup during photo taking!

I was very humbled by his generosity of time and detail. I will be practicing with the camera this weekend, so I honor his commitment to me as a teacher and I as the student.

The camera is perfect for someone like me: Waterproof, sturdy (can be dropped), auto-balancing, underwater settings, macro settings. It is the Olympus TG-7:

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 10

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the entire Smorgasbord
As a Swede - I´m proud to see that you use one of the few Swedish words that have been incorporated into English in modern time (during the age of Wikings -there was a lot more incorporated as you can see further down).

The swedish word is "smörgåsbord" and it means "table of sandwiches" from the beginning. Today it means a table of small cold and warm dishes - something like the middle east´s Meze or Mexican taco buffet.

Today its not so common beside christmas time when we often eat "julbord" (Table of yule) which is a lot of traditionary swedish christmas (Yule) dishes. By the way our Jul (your christmas) comes from the old Norse/west Scandinavian yule that you have in yuletide

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Swede - I´m proud to see that you use one of the few Swedish words that have been incorporated into English in modern time (during the age of Wikings -there was a lot more incorporated as you can see further down).

The swedish word is "smörgåsbord" and it means "table of sandwiches" from the beginning. Today it means a table of small cold and warm dishes - something like the middle east´s Meze or Mexican taco buffet.

Today its not so common beside christmas time when we often eat "julbord" (Table of yule) which is a lot of traditionary swedish christmas (Yule) dishes. By the way our Jul (your christmas) comes from the old Norse/west Scandinavian yule that you have in yuletide

Sincerely Lasse
I love the history of a word! Our little group is all about food, sandwiches, Mexican food and that we virtually eat together often.

Stop by our thread anytime Lasse, we do occasionally talk about our tanks as well - lol,

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 140 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.8%
Back