Thinking about a Haddoni Carpet Anemone Biotope, suggestions? Like? No like?

OP
OP
Bongo Shrimp

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice bongo looks exactly like the one i bought this last weekend mine attached to the bottom of my tank at the base of some live rock hidden from floe i love mine

Thanks! Mine was attached to a huge huge rock and he did not want to come off. I hung him upside down and was able to "coax" him to let go little by little. But finally I got him off and tried to get him to attach to the bottom (the glass) but he didn't want to and kept digging himself out. So then I put him on top of a rock on the sand and then buried the rock once he started attaching. At that point I also added a powerhead blowing across the tank so he gets more flow. Now he is attached to a small rock which is buried and he is in about 4" of sand. But he isn't moving. I also have been feeding him a bit more than I should because he was so stressed out from being moved off his rock. He seems happy though and is eating and staying put.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Our Green Carpet (Mr. Berber) does not like a lot of current. he will tell us if it's too much, like if one of his edges is flopping up & down, he'll close up quite a bit. (See 2nd pic)
Turn it down, and he's happy. Their personality are amazing.

P1060312.jpg
P1060273.jpg
Green Carpet.jpg

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trex, how long were you able to keep those two and what did you learn during that time?

Any thoughts on things you would have done different?

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say what I would do differently --- since they was before Cirpro was known about. Since I would have known to treat the purple one. Therefore I would have the purple one (( not pictured )) and wouldn't have lost the red one.

I kept those 2 in the same tank for about 6 months (( had a blue one and a green one together for about 2 years )), and never had any issues. Wish I would have had more time with the red one, but still losing the tan one (( had had it for 12 years, give or take )) still bothers me.

Almost hate to say it, but it seems that once they are settled in (( which can take 6+ months )), they are pretty darn hardy. Almost feel bad for my current blue one, its tank finally got a water change after 2 months --- been setting up a new 210, which has been taking a lot of my time and water --- and while it doesn't look the best, it is still doing well. Just one water change made a big difference in its looks. Sure it will be happier in the new tank.

OP
OP
Bongo Shrimp

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,I actually ended up taking this tank down in jan 2014 after it started leaking. Before that happened though, I added a pair of clowns, then decided to take them out to work on breeding them and finally the tank turned into a planted and macro algae tank with the haddoni until I decided to take him out as well after the macro algae started bothering him. And as for the nem being a haddoni or a gig, it was definitely a haddoni. I have kept a gig before very long ago and I made sure this time I got a haddoni because I like the color a lot more. I don't have a pic of the mouth but I might be able to find a few more pics of the nem later.This is what the tank looked like about a month before being taken down:
ZoomedoutFTS-GordonGreenley_zpsdfcb1a73.jpg

Last edited:

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back