This is it. My last build thread

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much going on. NO3 is hanging at 11 and PO4 at 0.3ish which is very close where the the old tank ran. I haven't had to start dosing yet. Alk started at 10.7 and is gradually dropping. It was 9.3 yesterday. I didn't bring the big monti caps over so I think they were my biggest consumers. I want to keep it between 8 - 9. It works for me and leaves a bit of room in both directions if needed. I think I'll start of with esv 2 part since I have it on hand and have started all my tank using it so it's familiar. Eventually I would like to switch to AFR. I've been using it on my reefer 300 and alk and calcium has been super stable.
I've been dosing 3ml bacto balance daily along with 30 ml microbacter7 and 12 drops of zeobac twice I week. I'm getting film algae but so far the only green algae is in the scrubber. I did my first 10% WC the other day. I'm going to test weekly (alk daily) and watch things. I would like to be able to do minimal water changes but haven't determined what minimal will be. I would like to get by with monthly 10% changes but we'll see.
I have to say at this point this really is my dream tank. I have coral tanks but fish have always been my thing. I think it's a carry over from fresh water and raising juvies up to almost dinner plate size fish. I've never had a tank with this much swim room for the fish. It is so nice to watch them out and about and not having to dodge rocks but still have plenty of hiding places and swim throughs.
PXL_20240520_002615755.jpg

Chow time

What a great piece of work!
Very, very nice

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really loving those yellow tangs, how are the 4 of them getting along?
They are getting along just fine. I'm pretty sure adding the babies first and letting them settle in helped. So far I'm not really seeing any aggression at all in the tank which is nice. I'm not a fan of watching fish fights.

Back