Thoughts on my fish list

Chris H Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I have a 75gal reef tank with a 20gal sump that has been running with 2 clowns in it for about a month.

I'm getting ready to add more fish hopefully this weekend.

What's everyone's thoughts on my fish list? I'm thinking about switching out (1) of the royal gamma's for (2) cardinal fish.

I'm going to add the 2 tangs at the same time and last. I know there's probably some mixed thoughts on having 2 tangs but a few people at my LFS said they have had success in a 75gal by adding them at the same time and last.

Should I be concerned with the order I add fish for anything other than the tangs?

1713967964287.png

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow eyed Kole will be to big for the 75g, get 2 yellows. No ticket just a warning this time.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
unless you plan on having swimming space alongside the back glass, i wouldn't get the yellow tang... they swim a lot. maybe switch the yellow eye with a tomini tang. i've heard mixed things about adding multiple gramma's to a tank. personally would add just 1. everything else seems fine.

in place of the yellow tang i'd add a court jester goby/hector's goby(or both) as a supplemental algae eater/grazer. and the captive bred court jester also eats cyano.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back