Thoughts on POTO

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
POTO is a legit business. I had only one order from them. The SPS came in looking great when compared to the online photos. Order also included a bubble coral which did not look nearly as good as the online photo. Not sure if that is due to bubble coral not shipping well. Packaging was great.

If you follow the bids enough you will see that there is a lot of repeats. Some bids are a great deal, others are Inline with sale prices on other sites. There are two high end coral (a scoly and a OG Bounce mushroom) lost out on which I wish I bid more on. I would have zero hesitation ordering from POTO again. I plan to do so once my tank gets more stable.

POTO has a YouTube channel so you can see the shop and tank setup there.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
POTO is a legit business. I had only one order from them. The SPS came in looking great when compared to the online photos. Order also included a bubble coral which did not look nearly as good as the online photo. Not sure if that is due to bubble coral not shipping well. Packaging was great.

If you follow the bids enough you will see that there is a lot of repeats. Some bids are a great deal, others are Inline with sale prices on other sites. There are two high end coral (a scoly and a OG Bounce mushroom) lost out on which I wish I bid more on. I would have zero hesitation ordering from POTO again. I plan to do so once my tank gets more stable.

POTO has a YouTube channel so you can see the shop and tank setup there.
Awesome thanks. The part I was confused about was that they seem to have a bunch you can bid on for like $1 which would be $50 normally. Is that part legit?

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks. The part I was confused about was that they seem to have a bunch you can bid on for like $1 which would be $50 normally. Is that part legit?
Yes the bidding system is legit. The challenge is you may need to win multiple auctions to make it worthwhile with the shipping cost. There are some cheating pieces I would love to bid on but I have been waiting for a week when multiple pieces are of interest. If you tank and mature and can handle SPS I think that is easy to do. My tank is still new so I am not ready to order a bunch of SPS which means I am watching from the sidelines for now.

The SPS I orders previously were ones I consumer low on and used as test subjects. Unfortunately those SPS frags died when I had a massive dino outbreak.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In November one of their auction ads popped up, and I clicked. With the wifes consent and participation we spent almost $1k.

The frags all arrived healthy. The pieces were mostly wysiwyg - And the color was kinda dissappointing. I've been doing SPS for about 20 years so I know from tank to tank they change. But these corals were pretty washed out and single color.

Also the size on a few of them was dissappointing -- this was my fault I didn't realize the frags were on 1/2" sized plugs and not the standard 1" - So they look alot bigger in the picture.

I don't look badly on the transaction - I will definitely purchase from them again in the future. But the exuberance I had waiting for the box of goodies to arrive was not fulfilled once the box was open.

Dave B

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the bidding system is legit. The challenge is you may need to win multiple auctions to make it worthwhile with the shipping cost. There are some cheating pieces I would love to bid on but I have been waiting for a week when multiple pieces are of interest. If you tank and mature and can handle SPS I think that is easy to do. My tank is still new so I am not ready to order a bunch of SPS which means I am watching from the sidelines for now.

The SPS I orders previously were ones I consumer low on and used as test subjects. Unfortunately those SPS frags died when I had a massive dino outbreak.
Thanks for the info! If I bid on a couple of SPS frags and they end up small, do you think they would die in the transition to my tank?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back