Thoughts on the Fusion Pro 40 AIO Aquarium

JustKoch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one of my local fish shop here has one of these in stock - (going to see if he has a 50) But the price is definitely within my budget - honestly I do and really do wnt to go bigger but budget wise and with everthing going on - realistically I think a AIO would be my best budget buy to get started in. And with this being my first starter salt water tank this way I can learn/understand this better before I go "big" decided to put this tank in my office - and when I do go big I can put that one in the living room. But with this being said, so curious if anyone has this particular tank and their thoughts on this.

SpartyVM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the 40 but I have the older (many years) Nuvo mini 38 and I have had pretty good luck with it. A lot of the things that come with the 40 i had to buy separate from someone else like the media trays. The only thing I have replaced besides buying the media trays was the return pump.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have that make or model but have been running an aio for quite a while and one thing no one mentions is keeping the back clean and its accessibility. Due to my own fault I completely melted my tank and lost everything at once because my plan on the cleaning process in the back was very inadequate, used a gravel vac, and when I actually saw how much had built up over the course of 7 years, realized how bad it was and went to home depot for a small shop vac and some attachment to modify to properly clean. While cleaning I saw a small cloud come from the bottem seal on the front bottom divider wall and everything the cloud encountered died instantly. All I could do was try to grab what I could before the cloud reached them.saved one fish ,a couple hermits and a few snails that I threw in our 10 gal accl.tank.moral to all with an aio is have a real good plan on how you are going to keep rear area clean. Other than that issue an aio is a good way to start out .good luck and may your reefing journey b a great one.

Hoov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a first timer and bought the IM Nuvo Fusion 40 AIO a couple of months ago. It's early days, but I'm very happy with it. I was concerned about being limited with the AIO design but IM have introduced some aqua gadgets that will help expand your system in the AIO set up. I bought the mid-size protein skimmer (so far so good) and am considering a media tray refugium/light that fits in the other middle chamber. The pump isn't fancy but pretty quiet, and the lid is a nice touch. The people at the company were pretty responsive when I had a few questions. Here's a pic of the tank and the rear chamber with the skimmer. I'm still learning how to photos (sorry for the blue!)

IMG_1160.jpg
IMG_0691.jpg

Back