Thoughts on the new 52 weeks series

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to the new and improved 52 weeks series! Since you asked for feedback, here's mine...

Please use the full range of products available, and really keep the "attainable" part of the "attainable goals" thing in mind.

I understand that there are good/better/best options, but there are also some options that are just different, and several that have proven to be VERY successful.

I guess what I'm trying to say is please try to explore options beyond just having 4 of the 6 tanks with Radion/Blade/MPxx/Apex setups. I'm NOT knocking that stuff (I own a lot of it), but that's almost a cop out. If they're the best option for the individual tank's needs, so be it. Just realize that there will be a decent segment of people that legitimately can't afford that stuff, so it would be good to present some less expensive, serviceable, proven successful options.

I've spent my share (and probably someone else's) on the latest whiz-bang piece of equipment. I'm in a position where I can do that now, but it's important to remember that not everyone can... BUT... You CAN still be successful with less expensive alternatives.

I'm not asking for a budget build series, just that you keep an open mind and explore options.

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with you but to play devils advocate. I do think certain things being expensive makes the hobbyist do the proper research before just jumping into the hobby. For example yellow tangs since the ban were $500 at one point. This makes the average new hobbyist not want to buy a yellow tang for their 20 gallon tank. This pertains to companies as well. In college I worked at Petco for a few months. Petco knows that a $500 dollar fish will not sell quickly so they are less likely to order the fish. The amount of dead fish I saw was terrifying and sad.

I think certain things being expensive are not good for us obviously and I wish it was cheaper trust me lol but I think there is a hidden positive as well in that the end user (us) will do more research since we are putting so much money into it and the outcome is a better life for the corals and fish

Hezam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
0   0   0
My feedback for them would be to include all the mistakes/mishaps that happened in the start. One of the main reasons I would stick with a series this long would be to see how would a experienced reefer react certain scenarios and mistakes that happens. This is basically the hobby in a nutshell. Nothing is gonna go perfect from the get go especially if you are experienced.

Why am I saying this? They mentioned at the end of the series in their mistakes video that a velvet outbreak killed the livestock of their tank early on. I would really like to know that as a beginner! It would've been really informative to learn that this could happen to anyone and the importance of proper quarantine etc..

BoxInSox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share details about the new 52 week series, such as when it starts?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share details about the new 52 week series, such as when it starts?

We don't have an exact date quite yet, but the studio is getting some work done for the new series and room is being made for all the new tanks we have planned for this series. Once this is finished and we got everything on hand, things will be filmed while putting it all together and shared with the community. Here's a sneak peak of what we've been working on the past couple weeks. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3894.jpg
    IMG_3894.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3895.jpg
    IMG_3895.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3868.jpg
    IMG_3868.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 64

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back