Tiny Tang??

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am lookin for a small tang....does one exist???? Lookin for one I could put in a 60g cube with open rockwork. Would have pleanty of room, I know most tangs prefer 6ft tanks as they need longer spacing, but was hoping there was a small tang I could fit. Algae control ftw! :) LMK if anyone knows of any, thanks!!

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen Yellow, and more commonly blue (Dory) tangs the size of a quarter, either of those would be fine for a while in the 60, then move them out as they grow to 2-2.5" mark.

OP
OP
alvieman

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about that, but didnt wanna try to catch the lil guy when the time came. I still have nightmares about getting my Two Spot tang out of my first 60 cube....lol

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good trick for catching fish... I use nylon netting that I bought at JoAnn's, 2 yards, cover all the rock and corals, walk away.... Come back in a little while and snatch the netting up, now you have ALL the fish!

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my eibili tang for a year and he is about the size of a dwarf angel. Awesome fish.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I am trying to take a picture of the bugger but for the life of me he will not stop moving for a split second.

Well i got a couple crappy pics of him. I feel bad though, i had the flash on, it spooked him and he side swiped a rock pretty good.

eibili.jpg

eibili2.jpg

Last edited:

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me his yellow and blue really pop in person. I just cant get a shot of him, he never stops moving.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this Orange Fin Tomini tang on my 90g cube and he is about close to 2" . I like it him a lot cuz I have one as well on my 180g for about 2 yrs now and he is 4" and I think thats the large size they get ( not sure) . He glazed on the rocks all day and when I saw one tiny one on my LFS I grab it right away...

Excuse the glass lol
006-9.jpg

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol...pnoy...i thought his eye was oozing something out untill i scrolled down further...LOL

I bought a baby hippo (about 3/4") and had him in a 29 for about 6 months so far. he's about to get moved up to my 75 though. he swims around a lot and seems very very happy. I personally feel like as long as the rockwork is "holey" and they could swim around and through the rocks that they'd be fine. I know i'd be happy swimming around the rocks...if I didn't know there were bigger tanks out there...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 176 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back