Today's Total Solar Eclipse

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine from Lincoln, VT. 100% totality, but couldn't capture the ring, but know a photographer that got some awesome shots with red highlights.

eclipse 1.JPG
eclipse 3.JPG
eclipse end 1.JPG
eclips end 2.JPG

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did u wear the glasses? my whole high school was like, "I WANNA TAKE THE GLASSES OFF!" I did, for a split millisecond, burns so much even if u just glance at it quickly and im fine now. BUT STOP TELLING TEENAGERS TO NOT DO SOMETHING, WE THEN WANNA DO IT MOREEEEE. I looked at it with my best friend for an hour, we just listened to some old slipknot and sat in a field for an hour, no screens, acting like the 80's kids of the blocks! (everybody in the block calls us that. cuz we never on screens and we always outside)

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did u wear the glasses? my whole high school was like, "I WANNA TAKE THE GLASSES OFF!" I did, for a split millisecond, burns so much even if u just glance at it quickly and im fine now. BUT STOP TELLING TEENAGERS TO NOT DO SOMETHING, WE THEN WANNA DO IT MOREEEEE. I looked at it with my best friend for an hour, we just listened to some old slipknot and sat in a field for an hour, no screens, acting like the 80's kids of the blocks! (everybody in the block calls us that. cuz we never on screens and we always outside)
Well in the spirit of your request... don't go to school and get a good education so you can do well in life.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, in the 80's, we did not have "eclipse" glasses. Our teachers told us to bring in shoeboxes. We poked holes in them and looked up at the sky. All I remember was seeing the inside of a shoebox.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, in the 80's, we did not have "eclipse" glasses. Our teachers told us to bring in shoeboxes. We poked holes in them and looked up at the sky. All I remember was seeing the inside of a shoebox.
uhhhh... aren't you supposed to look at the shadow inside the box cast by the pinhole, not look up at the sky? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Same concept as looking at the shadows cast on the ground by all the small holes between leaves on the trees.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that’s why our vision is so bad and wear corrective lenses

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uhhhh... aren't you supposed to look at the shadow inside the box cast by the pinhole, not look up at the sky? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Same concept as looking at the shadows cast on the ground by all the small holes between leaves on the trees.
I was wondering why it wasn't working. Technology huh..

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
85% here, we get less sun on cloudy days. On March 7, 1970, I was on a Deep Sea Fishing trip off of the coast of Florida, on a relative’s boat. Got a total Eclipse, when it started getting light again, we spotted three Water Spouts. Pretty Scary, that the Storm blew up so quickly, but was over as quickly as it formed.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And that’s why our vision is so bad and wear corrective lenses

I was wondering why it wasn't working. Technology huh..
Look how far our education systems have come since the 80's! We also wear seatbelts instead of piling into the back of your friends Mom's station wagon on the way to Quick Chek so they could let you run in to buy them cigarettes.

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This photo is great. I love that you can see this massive crater in the 6oclock position.

Also, the cloud cover here in Texas was worrying but ended up being awesome. For a portion of totality we were able to look without our glasses and see it pretty amazingly. But it actually cleared up just in time so we had to wear the glasses more often than not.

I also find it amusing that a lot of the lead up were people saying things like “the weather might ruin the eclipse” or after saying it was “underwhelming” as @exnisstech stated.

(Edit: upon rereading this I feel the need to say sorry exnisstech. I wasn’t meaning to be rude, I honestly giggled when I read what you posted. And I get it, lots of people feel the same. It’s is silly how excited people got about this eclipse haha.)

As if this event was somehow for the viewing pleasure of humans haha. It wasn’t, it just is what it is. If it doesn’t excite you cool. It would have happened whether you wanted to watch it or not.

What excites me about this is that some of our humans are so smart they predicted this event forever ago to the second. Science ftw!

Last edited:

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t blame us for teenagers being dumb haha they are welcome to look if they want.

Slipknot was a good choice! My brother and I were lying on my daughter’s trampoline listening to the Star Wars soundtrack. The timing was so epic and perfect nobody will believe me haha.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back