Tomini Tang?

Cookedsushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order with Live Aquria and received the fish on Friday. I was at work but my fiancee was home to receive the shipment and acclimated the fish. Everyone was alive and happy but he had told me the tomini tang didn't look anything like what we know as a tomini tang. It hid as soon as he put the fish in the tank because our damsel (that I would LOVE to capture) started harassing it. I finally found the "tomini tang" today and was able to net it out. He's a tad beat up but now he is separated. I snapped this picture while I was moving him. Any idea what this is?

IMG_1052.JPG

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell what that it but 100% not a Tang. Notify seller and get the right fish. Looks like a type of damsel maybe??

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Explains why your damsel was harassing your "tang". I'm reading more and more post online about people getting the wrong items after buying online and it's sometimes not even close to the item purchased, like in this case. A damsel for a tang?? Well I'm sure they will get you the correct fish.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, can't say I've seen quite the mix up before. However I can tell you there was one time, while I was working at a pet store, that I received a shipment from quality marine. One of the bags was labeled to have a lavender tang, except that there was no fish in the bag. Water, but no fish. I still wonder what happened to it.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup that's a damsel!

OP
OP
C

Cookedsushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Talbot damsel looks exactly like it. I called the customer service number and they asked me to send a picture to them which I did. I haven't heard back yet but the rep said it could take a day or 2 to hear from them. I wonder if someone else ended up with my tang lol.

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's happened 3-4 times to me with Divers Den orders....but they always refund me so I keep trying! Lol

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, wrong fish. LA has great customer service. They'll take care of it for you

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

Back