Tonya's 210 Gallon

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you took a peek. I've seen your posts on other threads and you are funny. Chicago is a good town. I go there mostly for the pizza. :)

Chicago is a good town to visit. We've been wanting to move away from Chicago and Illinois for a while now. As of this coming summer, there will be nothing holding us here and, hopefully, we'll be heading for year-round warm weather.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't bait the weak. I've been shopping too much online since the quarantine started. ;) ;Doctor

While there is no guarantee, I highly recommend buying young/juvie angel fish. However, I think you already know this when it comes to getting a reef "safe" angel.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chicago is a good town to visit. We've been wanting to move away from Chicago and Illinois for a while now. As of this coming summer, there will be nothing holding us here and, hopefully, we'll be heading for year-round warm weather.
The house down the street is for sale. The local AZ Frag club is awesome. And the people here are fabulous (myself included :p ). But I grew up in MN and lived five years in Milwaukee. I do miss the Midwest -- but not the mosquitoes.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The house down the street is for sale. The local AZ Frag club is awesome. And the people here are fabulous (myself included :p ). But I grew up in MN and lived five years in Milwaukee. I do miss the Midwest -- but not the mosquitoes.

I absolutely abhor cold weather. As a matter of fact, when I got up this morning it was 26 degrees. It snowed a little bit. Lows will be in the mid-20s and highs in the upper 30s/lower 40s all week.

I just noticed you're in Peoria, AZ. My brother has been in the PHX area the past 25 years and lived in Peoria for a number of them. I was interviewing for a job with a company in Scottsdale but that fell apart. Our daughter will be attending ASU this fall, providing life returns to semi-normal and classes resume come that time.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely abhor cold weather. As a matter of fact, when I got up this morning it was 26 degrees. It snowed a little bit. Lows will be in the mid-20s and highs in the upper 30s/lower 40s all week.

I just noticed you're in Peoria, AZ. My brother has been in the PHX area the past 25 years and lived in Peoria for a number of them. I was interviewing for a job with a company in Scottsdale but that fell apart. Our daughter will be attending ASU this fall, providing life returns to semi-normal and classes resume come that time.
My husband and two boys are currently wearing short sleeves and shorts. It is supposed to reach a high of 79 degrees today. ASU is a wonderful school -- go Sun Devils! Your daughter will like it there.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops ;Spam
09A95203-48B4-4BC6-8D6D-152556194F03.jpeg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I closely examined my display tank -- pineapple sponges everywhere. Apparently they took a look at the fish-less real estate while my finned friends are in qt and decided to move in. So now we know what I'm going to be researching today.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I closely examined my display tank -- pineapple sponges everywhere. Apparently they took a look at the fish-less real estate while my finned friends are in qt and decided to move in. So now we know what I'm going to be researching today.

at least you didn’t find aiptasia or majano..

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I’ve read pineapple sponges not harmful to tank. By individual preference may be a visual nuisance.
83905FDC-364B-4295-B53D-CF7D4A47C512.gif
That is basically what I have been reading. They are in shaded areas so I haven't seen them until I took a close look. I still might scrape some off during my water change this weekend. I'm not finding anything that eats them that gets along with reef critters. This might be my new normal.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 137 74.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back